Can we improve screenshot DPI

Old August 23rd 17, 04:25 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Bram van den Heuvel

Default Can we improve screenshot DPI

Is there any way to snap a screenshot at better resolution than 96 DPI?

I pressed Win10 Windows+PrintScreen which created a screenshot PNG file.
C:\Users\bram\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot (666).png

I open it in IrfanView & select "Image Information" which tells me
Number of unique colors = 74425
Current size = 1280 x 1024 Pixels (1.31 MPixels) (1.25)
Current colors = 16,7 Million (24 BitsPerPixel)

That doesn't tell me the DPI so I go to "Image Resize/Resample"
DPI = 96 (auto calc. for cm/inches)

I confirm the dots per inch with Microsoft Paint "File Properties"
Resolution = 96 DPI

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?
Old August 23rd 17, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bram van den Heuvel
wrote:

Is there any way to snap a screenshot at better resolution than 96 DPI?

screenshots do not have a dpi.

dpi is meaningless unless you print.

I pressed Win10 Windows+PrintScreen which created a screenshot PNG file.
C:\Users\bram\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot (666).png

I open it in IrfanView & select "Image Information" which tells me
Number of unique colors = 74425
Current size = 1280 x 1024 Pixels (1.31 MPixels) (1.25)
Current colors = 16,7 Million (24 BitsPerPixel)

That doesn't tell me the DPI so I go to "Image Resize/Resample"
DPI = 96 (auto calc. for cm/inches)

I confirm the dots per inch with Microsoft Paint "File Properties"
Resolution = 96 DPI

that's just a default value because windows assumes 96 dpi (actually
ppi, which is often confused with dpi but is not the same) and nearly
all software ignores it anyway.

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

troll alert is reading high.
Old August 23rd 17, 05:46 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10, rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 22, 2017, Bram van den Heuvel wrote
(in article ):

Is there any way to snap a screenshot at better resolution than 96 DPI?

To what purpose?

Typically DPI is used for print resolution, and with a good printer for a
good quality print you would be looking for 200-360 dpi.

I pressed Win10 Windows+PrintScreen which created a screenshot PNG file.
C:\Users\bram\Pictures\Screenshots\Screenshot (666).png

I am not a Windows, Irfan, or MS Paint user, so you are left with the
experience of a Mac user from r.p.d.

I open it in IrfanView & select "Image Information" which tells me
Number of unique colors = 74425
Current size = 1280 x 1024 Pixels (1.31 MPixels) (1.25)
Current colors = 16,7 Million (24 BitsPerPixel)

That doesn't tell me the DPI so I go to "Image Resize/Resample"
DPI = 96 (auto calc. for cm/inches)

I confirm the dots per inch with Microsoft Paint "File Properties"
Resolution = 96 DPI

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

....but why do you need a better resolution than you are capable of?

Screenshots are typically used to the state of a process, or window at a
particular time in that process.
....or if your intentions are a little more nefarious, to pilfer images.

On my Mac I use SnapNDrag Pro which gives me several jpg and png quality
options.
For example:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/elu00b4cnkiny1o/screenshot_147.jpg

BTW: There is a familiar tone to your posting style.

Savageduck

Old August 23rd 17, 06:07 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Aug 22, 2017, Bram van den Heuvel wrote
(in article ):

BTW: There is a familiar tone to your posting style.

we have another winner.
Old August 23rd 17, 07:11 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
none@given

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 03:25:01 +0000 (UTC), Bram van den Heuvel
wrote:

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

So, David "Clever-.Boy" B, you're trying it on again under another
fake name.

Thick as a plank.
Old August 23rd 17, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10, rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 22, 2017, none@given wrote
(in ):

wrote:

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

So, David "Clever-.Boy" B, you're trying it on again under another
fake name.

Thick as a plank.

I don’t believe that this is David B. this time.

I could be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion, based on the tone of the OP
post, that this is a different nymshifter known to some of us in r.p.d.,
c.m.i., and m.p.m.i.. I would need to have some sort of proof of legitimate
intent to believe otherwise.

Savageduck

Old August 23rd 17, 07:40 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
nospam

wrote:
Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

So, David "Clever-.Boy" B, you're trying it on again under another
fake name.

Thick as a plank.

I dont believe that this is David B. this time.

definitely not.

I could be wrong, but I have a strong suspicion, based on the tone of the OP
post, that this is a different nymshifter known to some of us in r.p.d.,
c.m.i., and m.p.m.i.. I would need to have some sort of proof of legitimate
intent to believe otherwise.

you're not wrong.
Old August 23rd 17, 08:13 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
David B.

wrote:

Just curious: Is there a way to snap the screenshot at better DPI?

So, David "Clever-.Boy" B, you're trying it on again under another
fake name.

No, I'm not!

Thick as a plank.

You are VERY judgemental. Why *IS* that?

--
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” (Winston S.
Old August 23rd 17, 09:18 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
none@given

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 08:13:14 +0100, "David B."
wrote:

Thick as a plank.

You are VERY judgemental. Why *IS* that?

Comes from having standards. And because I don't care for fools
trying to be "clever".

Think how much time the world would have saved if people had pointed
out your bottomless stupidity to you so much earlier in your life,
instead of meekly letting you get away with it all the time.

Old August 23rd 17, 09:42 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
Andy Burns[_3_]

Bram van den Heuvel wrote:

Is there any way to snap a screenshot at better resolution than 96 DPI?

Buy a larger monitor and scale it in GIMP :-)