Google and Watermarks

Old August 20th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

Default Google and Watermarks

In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|
| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...-object-remova
| l-feature-demo

I can only see the chain link. They've gone to great lengths
to force the visitor to enable javascript.

In any case, that's another example of the same thing.
The chain link fence consists of thin lines with greenery
in the background. The greenery is essentially just a random
pattern of greens. So all they need to do is fill in the pattern
with similar areas of greens in the same range.

I'd be more impressed if they showed a variety of images.
For instance, maybe something like this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/cof...97744-81416497

... where the exact color of removed areas will be important
to the image.

Or even this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/del...lmon-fillet-wi
th-aromatic-herbs-gm499376971-42523300

... where gradients, regular patterns, and small areas of
extreme color change are important.

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/15654476/google-photos-object-removal-feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.
Old August 20th 17, 03:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David B.

On 20/08/2017 15:29, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|
| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...-object-remova
| l-feature-demo

I can only see the chain link. They've gone to great lengths
to force the visitor to enable javascript.

In any case, that's another example of the same thing.
The chain link fence consists of thin lines with greenery
in the background. The greenery is essentially just a random
pattern of greens. So all they need to do is fill in the pattern
with similar areas of greens in the same range.

I'd be more impressed if they showed a variety of images.
For instance, maybe something like this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/cof...97744-81416497

... where the exact color of removed areas will be important
to the image.

Or even this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/del...lmon-fillet-wi
th-aromatic-herbs-gm499376971-42523300

... where gradients, regular patterns, and small areas of
extreme color change are important.

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/15654476/google-photos-object-removal-feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

--
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick
themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” (Winston S.
Old August 20th 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...ject-removal-f
eature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

no it isn't.
Old August 20th 17, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David B.

On 20/08/2017 15:44, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|
| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...-object-remova
| l-feature-demo

I can only see the chain link. They've gone to great lengths
to force the visitor to enable javascript.

In any case, that's another example of the same thing.
The chain link fence consists of thin lines with greenery
in the background. The greenery is essentially just a random
pattern of greens. So all they need to do is fill in the pattern
with similar areas of greens in the same range.

I'd be more impressed if they showed a variety of images.
For instance, maybe something like this...

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...ject-removal-f
eature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

no it isn't.

A picture is worth 1000 words! See for yourself:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e5duor7aw...17.ti ff?dl=0

Old August 20th 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|

| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...os-object-remo
| val-feature-demo

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...bject-removal-
feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

no it isn't.

A picture is worth 1000 words! See for yourself:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e5duor7aw...17.ti ff?dl=0

that's not broken. that's just wrapped.

the newsreader will automatically detect the full url and make it
clickable. if your newsreader doesn't do that, then your newsreader is
what's broken. replace it with a non-****ty one.

put another way: the links are exactly the same, so if mine is broken,
then so is yours, and if yours is valid, then so is mine.
Old August 20th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
David B.

On 20/08/2017 15:57, nospam wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|

| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...os-object-remo
| val-feature-demo

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...bject-removal-
feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

no it isn't.

A picture is worth 1000 words! See for yourself:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e5duor7aw...17.ti ff?dl=0

that's not broken. that's just wrapped.

the newsreader will automatically detect the full url and make it
clickable. if your newsreader doesn't do that, then your newsreader is
what's broken. replace it with a non-****ty one.

put another way: the links are exactly the same, so if mine is broken,
then so is yours, and if yours is valid, then so is mine.

FYI
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2gotahlpnc...2017.tiff?dl=0

quote

"I'm sure that the few people who desperately hang onto Thoth as their
primary Usenet client have zero interest in "Thoth 3". Why would they?
They're obviously uninterested in any kind of change in the way they
interface with Usenet, be it Unison, NZBs, or any of the non-interactive
downloaders. As long as Thoth 1.9.x works with 10.9, 10.10, and so on,
they'll be happy."

quote/

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comm..._to_shut_down/

Old August 20th 17, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
newshound

On 8/20/2017 10:00 PM, rickman wrote:
Savageduck wrote on 8/20/2017 1:27 AM:
It looks like Google is headed to the darkside.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/08/g...matically-and-

perfectly-erase-watermarks-on-stock-photos/
http://tinyurl.com/y88mrfvx

Funny that Google is doing this.* Seems like they would have a big
interest in *preventing* the removal of watermarks.

Yes but in figuring out just what needs to be done to remove watermarks,
you now know much more about how to design them to be hard to remove.

Also, it is possible that removal with software leaves tell-tale
evidence, invisible to the eye but detectable by suitable software. So
you can potentially build a "Show where watermark has been removed"
tool, which presumably Google might find very useful indeed to prevent
charges of infringement.
Old August 20th 17, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|
| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...-object-remova
| l-feature-demo

I can only see the chain link. They've gone to great lengths
to force the visitor to enable javascript.

In any case, that's another example of the same thing.
The chain link fence consists of thin lines with greenery
in the background. The greenery is essentially just a random
pattern of greens. So all they need to do is fill in the pattern
with similar areas of greens in the same range.

I'd be more impressed if they showed a variety of images.
For instance, maybe something like this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/cof...97744-81416497

... where the exact color of removed areas will be important
to the image.

Or even this...

http://www.istockphoto.com/photo/del...lmon-fillet-wi
th-aromatic-herbs-gm499376971-42523300

... where gradients, regular patterns, and small areas of
extreme color change are important.

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/15654476/google-photos-object-removal-feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

And Agent hasn't wrapped it the way it does with nospam's (or other
people's for that matter.)

Eric Stevens
Old August 20th 17, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 10:57:06 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , David B.
wrote:

| at google i/o a few months ago, google demoed removing a chain link
| fence, entirely automatically.
|

| https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...os-object-remo
| val-feature-demo

Regardless, that is OLD news!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/17/1...bject-removal-
feature-demo

i *already* posted that link above.

You did indeed - but YOUR link is broken! ;-)

no it isn't.

A picture is worth 1000 words! See for yourself:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e5duor7aw...17.ti ff?dl=0

that's not broken. that's just wrapped.

the newsreader will automatically detect the full url and make it
clickable. if your newsreader doesn't do that, then your newsreader is
what's broken. replace it with a non-****ty one.

put another way: the links are exactly the same, so if mine is broken,
then so is yours, and if yours is valid, then so is mine.

Aah - but in Agent your's is broken (wrapped) and David's isn't.

Eric Stevens
Old August 20th 17, 11:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

put another way: the links are exactly the same, so if mine is broken,
then so is yours, and if yours is valid, then so is mine.

Aah - but in Agent your's is broken (wrapped) and David's isn't.

they were *identical* when initially posted.

what happened after that is anyone's guess, especially since agent is
known for not handling urls correctly.