Hummers This Year

Old August 11th 17, 04:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Hummers This Year

No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks a
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Savageduck

Old August 11th 17, 09:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 11/08/2017 04:48, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks a
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

More amazing photographs! :-)

Thanks so much for sharing them.

If I downloaded one or more of them and kept it/them on MY computer,
would you consider that I had done something 'wrong'?

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."
Old August 11th 17, 11:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 11, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 11 August 2017 04:48:59 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Nice, but have yuo ever considered doing a small movie/video of this sort of
event as I believ thaqt would show this incedent more accurtley than still
photos.
I know some photographers dislike video to capture a moment as it's
cheating...

You just have to have an iPhone handy.

https://adobe.ly/2aAZPdN
After the page opens go to full screen by clicking on the icon on the bottom
right of the video tool bar.

Savageduck

Old August 11th 17, 11:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 11, 2017, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 11/08/2017 04:48, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

More amazing photographs! :-)

Thanks so much for sharing them.

If I downloaded one or more of them and kept it/them on MY computer,
would you consider that I had done something 'wrong'?

Go ahead. They are out there.
Just respect the Collective Commons CC by-nc-sa License.
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode

Savageduck

Old August 11th 17, 12:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 11, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Aug 11, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 11 August 2017 04:48:59 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Nice, but have yuo ever considered doing a small movie/video of this sort of
event as I believ thaqt would show this incedent more accurtley than still
photos.
I know some photographers dislike video to capture a moment as it's
cheating...

You just have to have an iPhone handy.

https://adobe.ly/2aAZPdN
After the page opens go to full screen by clicking on the icon on the bottom
right of the video tool bar.

BTW: That was last year’s mob.

Savageduck

Old August 11th 17, 12:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

On 11/08/2017 1:48 @wiz, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks a
fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Excellent! Particularly the last one, with them facing each other!

I took this one back in 2007:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...20argument.jpg

I call it "Marriage..."
Old August 11th 17, 12:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Aug 11, 2017, Noons wrote
(in article ):

On 11/08/2017 1:48 @wiz, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks
fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Excellent! Particularly the last one, with them facing each other!

The shooting problem is, they move so unpredictably and fast. Take a look at
the video to get an illustration of just how tough it is to make a capture of
them in flight.

I took this one back in 2007:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...20argument.jpg

I call it "Marriage..."

Nice!
Those look like Barn, or Cliff Swallows, or an Aussie variety of Swallow.

Savageduck

Old August 11th 17, 02:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Savageduck" wrote

| https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7...7f6xJt-9a?dl=1

Impressive job. It would be nice to catch them at
flowers. The garish red and yellow plastic is distracting.

We have one here in Boston. I'm afraid the male
may have been killed. In the past we've had a
couple. The female flits around the deck planters
and beebalm, but never long enough to catch a shot:
"Look, there's... never mind."
And they're rare here. The first time I ever saw one,
I saw many. Not so far from you, in a National Forest
campground outside Burbank.

Old August 11th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/10/2017 11:48 PM, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and picks a
fight.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0
http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

The series tells a nice story. Hummers are indeed highly territorial. I
wish your feeders and that light diagonal line did not dominate the
images. I would like to have seen more of the hummers.

--
PeterN
Old August 11th 17, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/11/2017 7:10 AM, Noons wrote:
On 11/08/2017 1:48 @wiz, Savageduck wrote:
No sooner do you find a place at the feeder some thug comes along and
picks a
fight.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v1kxwe2l7wuzxqh/AABL17iHoLi_DtRx7f6xJt-9a?dl=0

http://tinyurl.com/ydf9v6f6

Excellent! Particularly the last one, with them facing each other!

I took this one back in 2007:
http://members.iinet.net.au/~nsouto/...20argument.jpg

I call it "Marriage..."

Here is another image on that same theme, with a different title:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2sie2dbxqa38581/Henpecked.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN