Laid Back Sunday at the Coast

Old July 28th 17, 02:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

Default Laid Back Sunday at the Coast

On 7/27/2017 6:16 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 18:08:03 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jul 23, 2017, Bill W wrote
(in ):

On Sun, 23 Jul 2017 17:35:40 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

I took a drive down to the coast, North of San Simeon today to see how the
Elephant seals were doing.
As usual, they weren’t particularly bothered by curious humans.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4xr1830gqcr1766/AACvpn6qU6MtHxobHm-rstc1a

Some of them look dead. Did you kill them?

As I said, laid back.
If they aren’t in the water/surf, they are on the beach, out cold, and not
worrying too much about the Great White Sharks patrolling offshore.

Okay, I just asked because if you had killed them, that would be a
staged photo. We can't have that around here.

Why not? :-)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arqc7ihcfq6pp1/Karen.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old July 28th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Bill W

wrote:

I took a drive down to the coast, North of San Simeon today to see how the
Elephant seals were doing.
As usual, they weren’t particularly bothered by curious humans.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4xr1830gqcr1766/AACvpn6qU6MtHxobHm-rstc1a

Some of them look dead. Did you kill them?

As I said, laid back.
If they aren’t in the water/surf, they are on the beach, out cold, and not
worrying too much about the Great White Sharks patrolling offshore.

Okay, I just asked because if you had killed them, that would be a
staged photo. We can't have that around here.

Why not? :-)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arqc7ihcfq6pp1/Karen.jpg?dl=0

That's it. Consider yourself on notice.
Old July 28th 17, 04:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

I took a drive down to the coast, North of San Simeon today to see how
the
Elephant seals were doing.
As usual, they weren’t particularly bothered by curious humans.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4xr1830gqcr1766/AACvpn6qU6MtHxobHm-rstc1a

Some of them look dead. Did you kill them?

As I said, laid back.
If they aren’t in the water/surf, they are on the beach, out cold, and
not
worrying too much about the Great White Sharks patrolling offshore.

Okay, I just asked because if you had killed them, that would be a
staged photo. We can't have that around here.

Why not? :-)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7arqc7ihcfq6pp1/Karen.jpg?dl=0

Well, she is obviously not dead.

....unless she is actually dead, and you positioned the corpse for that
nauseating shot.

Savageduck

Old July 29th 17, 06:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

On 7/27/2017 11:02 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

She was on stage. Its hard to be more staged that that.
Actually, she has a lot in common with you. She is a retired LEO, who
every so often tells me my images ar oversharpened, though she doesn't
go nuts over noise. (Image noise, of course.)

--
PeterN
Old July 29th 17, 07:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 28, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

[...]

....er, literally staged. ;-)

Actually, she has a lot in common with you. She is a retired LEO, who
every so often tells me my images ar oversharpened,

She is quite correct. You ought to heed her critique.

though she doesn’t go nuts over noise. (Image noise, of course.)

That must be an East Coast thing.

Savageduck