Cat photo

Old May 8th 17, 08:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default Cat photo

On 08/05/2017 07:37, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/5/2017 10:22 PM, John Albert wrote:
On 5/5/17 2:58 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
The link works for me. Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wegn3zl1xt...esize.jpg?dl=0

Nice pic, but a question about the cat -

What happened to his ear (the one we see on the right)?

It's part of the Trap Neuter Release program (TNR)
Ear-tipping is the preferred method to identify spayed or neutered and
vaccinated feral cats.

I learn something new every day!

Here's another cat with a tipped ear:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...A9azc4zCw/file

I'm disappointed that I couldn't view him/it! This is what I see:-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnl34h86if...17.ti ff?dl=0

--
David B.
Old May 8th 17, 08:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

On 2017-05-07 19:35:33 +0000, "David B."

On 2017-05-07 19:10:17 +0000, "David B."
said:

[....]
Btw, have you been here on a narrowboat holiday? We've met many of
your fellow citizens over more than 30 years of boating!

No. It was something I have thought about, but never got around to.
There was always something else to be done, or something else which
demanded the attention of my wallet.

Ha! I do understand! ;-)

Are you still young enough and sufficiently active to have it on your
bucket list?

I'm 68, and I have a pulse.

What a lovely way to describe yourself! :-)

If not, there is always the option of a *Hotel* narrowboat!

I found this for you:
http://www.hotelboating.co.uk/the-hotelboats-crews.html

These days, since my wife died,

I am sorry for your loss and understand your pain. Can you recall the
name of my late son?

I am a solo traveler, and I have the social life of a stump.

Haha! Maybe you'd really enjoy the camaraderie of a Hotel narrowboat
holiday!

LOTS of things to photograph. You may like to explore he-

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/

--
"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it." (Albert Schweitzer)

Old May 8th 17, 09:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Gray_Wolf

On 5/8/2017 2:11 AM, David B. wrote:
On 08/05/2017 07:04, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/7/2017 5:03 AM, David B. wrote:

[snip]

Oh dear! I'm so sorry.

My sincere apologies for messing things up! I do appreciate those folk who tried
to look and advised of the problems. THANK YOU! :-)

This will, I trust, show you what I had first intended!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuogbkrzcy...of%21.jpg?dl=0

Nice shot! Nice color too.

Thank you! :-)

What type of photographic 'subject' is of most interest to you?

--
David B.

My interests are just every day stuff. At 77 I don't get out much anymore.
I've went through the women phase 30 years ago and am cured of that. :-)
The last 20 years mostly my dogs, before they died and family during the holidays.

Old May 8th 17, 10:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2017-05-07 19:10:17 +0000, "David B." said:
[....]
Btw, have you been here on a narrowboat holiday? We've met many of your
fellow citizens over more than 30 years of boating!

No. It was something I have thought about, but never got around to.
There was always something else to be done, or something else which
demanded the attention of my wallet.

Ha! I do understand! ;-)

Are you still young enough and sufficiently active to have it on your
bucket list?

I'm 68, and I have a pulse.

What a lovely way to describe yourself! :-)

If not, there is always the option of a *Hotel* narrowboat!

I found this for you: http://www.hotelboating.co.uk/the-hotelboats-crews.html

These days, since my wife died,

I am sorry for your loss and understand your pain. Can you recall the
name of my late son?

That would be Nick.

I am a solo traveler, and I have the social life of a stump.

Haha! Maybe you'd really enjoy the camaraderie of a Hotel narrowboat holiday!

LOTS of things to photograph. You may like to explore he-

https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/

Savageduck

Old May 8th 17, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/8/2017 2:37 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/5/2017 10:22 PM, John Albert wrote:
On 5/5/17 2:58 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
The link works for me. Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wegn3zl1xt...esize.jpg?dl=0

Nice pic, but a question about the cat -

What happened to his ear (the one we see on the right)?

It's part of the Trap Neuter Release program (TNR)
Ear-tipping is the preferred method to identify spayed or neutered and
vaccinated feral cats.

Here's another cat with a tipped ear:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...A9azc4zCw/file

got error 404.

--
PeterN
Old May 8th 17, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/8/2017 4:14 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
[...]

You and the Duck are youngsters. In a few months I will hit 80. Yes I am
a bit slower these days, and I cannot scramble up and down mountains. I
do what i can.

--
PeterN
Old May 8th 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

On 5/8/2017 2:37 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
On 5/5/2017 10:22 PM, John Albert wrote:
On 5/5/17 2:58 AM, gray_wolf wrote:
The link works for me. Try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wegn3zl1xt...esize.jpg?dl=0

Nice pic, but a question about the cat -

What happened to his ear (the one we see on the right)?

It's part of the Trap Neuter Release program (TNR)
Ear-tipping is the preferred method to identify spayed or neutered and
vaccinated feral cats.

Here's another cat with a tipped ear:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/co...A9azc4zCw/file

---
http://www.avg.com

Link didn't work for me.

So while we're on the subject of cats and while things
are being sorted out with the above link, here are
two tipped ear cats from a managed cat troupe
I ran across a few miles from me.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dbya80l5o8...%20%23%20D.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rllqdt0mvp...30%20%233A.jpg
--

==
Later...

Old May 8th 17, 10:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 5/8/2017 5:04 PM, Ron C wrote:
[...]

The cat in the second link is giving you one mean look.

--
PeterN
Old May 8th 17, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 8 May 2017 17:11:25 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 5/8/2017 5:04 PM, Ron C wrote:
[...]

Who said cats can't communicate?

Eric Stevens
Old May 8th 17, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 8 May 2017 13:30:15 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

[...]

Come along sonny. There is still life at these altitudes.

Currently at angels 83.

Eric Stevens