A Town Shot Exercise

Old October 17th 14, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default A Town Shot Exercise

OK!
Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished rendition of
a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of the original for
anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG
https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF
....and the unmolested DNG:
https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 14, 08:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 10/16/2014 11:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
OK!
Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished rendition of
a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of the original for
anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG
https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF
...and the unmolested DNG:
https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

Only since you asked:

A nice building. very similar to what's seen in a place near me
(Waukesha, WI) The photo itself is mundane and the cars kind of spoil
it...especially those on the left.

What you should have done is either gotten up early in the morning to
take it when there would be no (or few cars)

Or...

waited about 50 years to post ...by that time folks would look at the
cars as antiques and enjoy the image.

In short a good solid C+
Old October 17th 14, 09:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:05:47 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

OK!
Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished rendition of
a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of the original for
anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG
https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF
...and the unmolested DNG:
https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

I like the JPEG but I still haven't persuaded Windows to open the DNG.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do it.
It's too late at night. :-(

Eric Stevens
Old October 17th 14, 10:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Savageduck:
OK! Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished
rendition of a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of
the original for anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF ...and the unmolested
DNG: https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

I like the JPEG but I still haven't persuaded Windows to open the
DNG.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do it.
It's too late at night. :-(

Photoshop.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old October 17th 14, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-17 07:39:28 +0000, philoÂ* said:

[...]

Thanks for commenting. However, the point of sharing the image AND the
unprocessed DNG original, was to provide a post processing exercise and
to add commentary on method used,.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 14, 11:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

OK!
Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished rendition of
a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of the original for
anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG
https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF
...and the unmolested DNG:
https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

I like the JPEG but I still haven't persuaded Windows to open the DNG.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do it.
It's too late at night. :-(

Why would Windows open the DNG?

Just open it with ACR or import it into LR. For those without PS or LR
use the RAW & photo editing software of choice.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 14, 11:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Old October 17th 14, 12:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-17 10:13:52 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Friday, 17 October 2014 10:06:21 UTC+1, Sandman wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Savageduck:
OK! Just to get into the spirit of things, here is my finished
rendition of a local Paso Robles, CA street scene, and a DNG of
the original for anybody who wants to, to play with.

The finished JPEG https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF ...and the unmolested
DNG: https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

I like the JPEG but I still haven't persuaded Windows to open the
DNG.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do it.
It's too late at night. :-(

Photoshop.

I haven't got it on my Mac or PC......

So if you want to view the unmolested DNG on your Mac, open it with Preview.

The jpg didn;t do anything for me,

Who cares, the point was to provide a post processing exercise for
those who wanyed to bother, not whether it did anything for you.

but I did like the colour of teh shop sunshade thing on the right.

I am glad that did something for you.

Savageduck

Old October 17th 14, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joe Makowiec

On 17 Oct 2014 in rec.photo.digital, Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 17 October 2014 10:06:21 UTC+1, Sandman wrote:
In article , Eric
Stevens wrote:

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do
it. It's too late at night. :-(

Photoshop.

I haven't got it on my Mac or PC......

IrfanView with the appropriate plugin will open a .dng on a PC. It'll
also do some adjustments.

http://irfanview.com/

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/
Old October 17th 14, 01:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Whisky-dave wrote:

Savageduck:
OK! Just to get into the spirit of things, here is
my finished rendition of a local Paso Robles, CA street scene,
and a DNG of the original for anybody who wants to, to play
with.

The finished JPEG https://db.tt/pjbOOFIF...and the
unmolested DNG: https://db.tt/04y5jbGe

Have at it folks.

Eric Stevens:
I like the JPEG but I still haven't persuaded Windows to open
the DNG.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which will enable me to do
it. It's too late at night. :-(

Sandman:
Photoshop.

I haven't got it on my Mac or PC