Schneider 210mm Angulon.

Old March 20th 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
erie patsellis

Default Schneider 210mm Angulon.

John, just remembered this page: http://www.lensn2shutter.com/shutters.html#link5 has a
good list of the major shutters and thread diameters.

erie
Old March 20th 09, 03:30 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
erie patsellis

They might be worth a little effort, depends on if you have a 159mm or thereabouts for the
8x10. Most likely the should screw right into a Betax/Alphax shutter, likely a #3 what
diameter and approx. pitch are the threads?

erie

John J wrote:
Jean-David Beyer wrote:

I usually do not take lenses apart.

Jean-David:

I've two elements here of a Wollensak, Series IIIa, Ex WA, F/12.5 8x10.
(Reading directly around the lens.) No shutter.

Does anyone have specs for the 'tween the lens mounting? I do have
several shutters ~#3 to use. Just never felt the need to go there.

I've no idea if this is worth a thing. What ya all think? Dog? Saint?

I use a Goerz ~180mm for 8x10 when I manage to shoot 8x10) and am fairly
happy with it.

Is the Wollensak worth a darn to mount up?

jj

Old March 20th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

(sorry for top-posting, but it works better for Erie.)

Yes, it does fit a #3. Found a broken one and it screwed right in.
Whether the spacing is right or not - I'll find out!

Old March 20th 09, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Jean-David Beyer

erie patsellis wrote:
I just hate scrolling all the way down on a 1600x1200 screen to see a
reply...

That can be easily resolved when someone who is responding deletes all the
message to which (s)he is responding except for the relevant part(s).

^^-^^ 16:25:01 up 4 days, 9:41, 3 users, load average: 4.72, 4.38, 4.30
Old March 21st 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

No problem. Information is most important. I've been on a network
messaging system of sone kind sice 1976. My skin is thick to whiners and
you ain't one of 'em,.

Thanks for the info, Erie. You da man!

Old March 21st 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
Thor Lancelot Simon

In article ,
John J wrote:
No problem. Information is most important. I've been on a network
messaging system of sone kind sice 1976. My skin is thick to whiners and
you ain't one of 'em,.

So, you know, if you walk into a restaurant, and everyone is talking
quietly, you probably have good enough manners to not start shouting
even if that's what you'd do in a loud bar.

Good manners for *this* "network messaging system" require that you not
top-post, and that you edit quoted material for relevance and respond
inline and at the bottom -- not the top.

Please exhibit good manners when posting to Usenet henceforth, and
remember that what constitutes good manners depends on where you happen
to be and what conventions the people who were there before you happened
to establish.

Thanks!

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
"Even experienced UNIX users occasionally enter rm *.* at the UNIX
Old March 21st 09, 07:57 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In article ,
John J wrote:
No problem. Information is most important. I've been on a network
messaging system of sone kind sice 1976. My skin is thick to whiners and
you ain't one of 'em,.

So, you know, if you walk into a restaurant, and everyone is talking
quietly, you probably have good enough manners to not start shouting
even if that's what you'd do in a loud bar.

Did I mess up somewhere?

Good manners for *this* "network messaging system" require that you not
top-post, and that you edit quoted material for relevance and respond
inline and at the bottom -- not the top.

Just for the record, I top-posted when I saw the author was Erie. I know
Erie, and was trying to be accommodating to his top-post.

Please exhibit good manners when posting to Usenet henceforth, and
remember that what constitutes good manners depends on where you happen
to be and what conventions the people who were there before you happened
to establish.

Frankly, I do not believe I earned such a condescending message. I will
look back to find if I did, indeed, mess up somewhere other than the one
top-post to Erie.

As I wrote first, the good information I've found here for a very long
time is very much appreciated, and I hope I have contributed with my
admittedly modest LF expertise.

best,
john
Old March 21st 09, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

On 3/21/2009 10:57 AM John J spake thus:

Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

In article ,
John J wrote:

No problem. Information is most important. I've been on a network
messaging system of sone kind sice 1976. My skin is thick to whiners and
you ain't one of 'em,.

So, you know, if you walk into a restaurant, and everyone is talking
quietly, you probably have good enough manners to not start shouting
even if that's what you'd do in a loud bar.

Did I mess up somewhere?

Good manners for *this* "network messaging system" require that you not
top-post, and that you edit quoted material for relevance and respond
inline and at the bottom -- not the top.

Just for the record, I top-posted when I saw the author was Erie. I know
Erie, and was trying to be accommodating to his top-post.

Why? You know what he did was wrong. You normally bottom-post yourself:
why bend over to accommodate someone breaking protocol?

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)
Old March 21st 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
John J

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Just for the record, I top-posted when I saw the author was Erie. I
know Erie, and was trying to be accommodating to his top-post.

Why? You know what he did was wrong. You normally bottom-post yourself:
why bend over to accommodate someone breaking protocol?

OK, I messed up. Let's not let this thread become unpleasant.

Today is our first warm day, snow is melting and I'm going to shoot some
8x10. Life is good.