An X-E3 vs OM-D E-M10 III comparison

Old September 10th 17, 04:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default An X-E3 vs OM-D E-M10 III comparison

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Savageduck

Old September 10th 17, 05:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Who would care 'bout quaterframe Olympus? Not me. Been there done
that... :-ppp
--
teleportation kills
Old September 10th 17, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 10, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Who would care 'bout quaterframe Olympus? Not me. Been there done
that... :-ppp

Then you are obviously not interested. Why did you even bother replying?
Your comment was worth nothing.

Savageduck

Old September 10th 17, 06:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
android

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Sep 10, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/pre...s-omd-em10-iii
/

Who would care 'bout quaterframe Olympus? Not me. Been there done
that... :-ppp

Then you are obviously not interested. Why did you even bother replying?
Your comment was worth nothing.

Nor is mFT... IMNSHO! :-ppp
--
teleportation kills
Old September 10th 17, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

On Sep 10, 2017, android wrote
(in ):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Who would care 'bout quaterframe Olympus? Not me. Been there done
that... :-ppp

Then you are obviously not interested. Why did you even bother replying?
Your comment was worth nothing.

He is just trolling.
--
Alfred Molon

Old September 10th 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Actually these cameras are quite different, it's not that they are
competing with each other. A better comparison would have been the X-E3
vs the Sony A6500 for instance.
--
Alfred Molon

Old September 10th 17, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 10, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

For those who might be interested in differences between the latest
mirrorless offerings from Fujifilm and Olympus.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/preview/fuji-xe3-vs-olympus-omd-em10-iii/

Actually these cameras are quite different, it's not that they are
competing with each other. A better comparison would have been the X-E3
vs the Sony A6500 for instance.

I think the point of the comparison article was to showcase differences
between the latest offerings from Fujifil and Olympus, rather than where they
compete. Especially if you consider that both have yet to be available for
sale.

Since I have already bought into the X-system with my X-E2 and X-T2, I have a
few thoughts of my own when it comes to the X-E3, and what I would have liked
to see with this release.

I am a bit ambivalent when it comes to the X-E3 as it isn’t what I had
imagined it should be, or what I wished for as an update to the X-E2. My
imaginings started when I bought the X-T2 and was totally impressed by the
the improvements in the overall performance of that camera over what I had
been using. So much so that I find the X-E2 is little used these days, even
when the situation called for a smaller, more discrete camera.
So what I truly wanted in an X-E3 was the X-E2 updated with the function of
the X-T2 while retaining the E2 physical control and operability. While I can
appreciate the tech updates with the touchscreen, the clean D-Padless back,
and BlueTooth connectivety they are not what I was looking for. I wanted an
X-T2 with a rangefinder brick form factor, and compact size, which would
supplement the larger camera when needed.

That said, I am looking forward to the firmware update for the X-T2 which
will improve AF-C tracking, and I might yet buy an X-E3 to pair with it.

Savageduck

Old September 12th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 9/10/2017 4:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Since I have already bought into the X-system with my X-E2 and X-T2, I have a
few thoughts of my own when it comes to the X-E3, and what I would have liked
to see with this release.

Since I have a lot of Nikon Lenses, it would be easy to be tempted by
the D850. Then I started reading. Thom Hogan's article states my
concerns. Bottom line, according to Thom Hogan an 8550 would not get me
anything i DON'T ALREADY HAVE, unless I get new telephoto glass. What I
have works fine on my D500.
http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/the-d850-blog/the-best-lenses-for-the.html
Then I started thinking Macro. Final decision, I'll wait.

--
PeterN
Old September 12th 17, 02:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 11, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 9/10/2017 4:42 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Since I have already bought into the X-system with my X-E2 and X-T2, I have
few thoughts of my own when it comes to the X-E3, and what I would have
liked
to see with this release.

Since I have a lot of Nikon Lenses, it would be easy to be tempted by
the D850. Then I started reading. Thom Hogan's article states my
concerns. Bottom line, according to Thom Hogan an 8550 would not get me
anything i DON'T ALREADY HAVE, unless I get new telephoto glass. What I
have works fine on my D500.
http://www.dslrbodies.com/cameras/the-d850-blog/the-best-lenses-for-the.html
Then I started thinking Macro. Final decision, I'll wait.

If the D500 had been released before April 2015 as the successor to the D300S
I might never have made my move to mirrorless and the Fujifilm X-System. That
said, for me that long wait for a D300S successor, and my finally giving up
on Nikon moved me into the mirrorless world, and I couldn’t be happier. The
over all weight reduction has been just one benefit. The build, IQ, and
performance of my X-E2 and X-T2 have met all of my expectations, with the
added benefit of the lower weight of my Fujifilm kit vs my Nikon D300S kit.

I was also pleasantly introduced to the Fujifilm “Kaizen” philosophy
where they provide substantial firmware upgrades rather than limiting those
upgrades to new camera models in the manner of other camera manufacturers
such as Nikon, Canon, and Sony. I can say that with the major firmware
upgrades it feels like I have 3 new cameras with the X-E2, and 2 new cameras
with the X-T2.
....and I am looking forward to the v3.0 firmware upgrade for the X-T2 which
will bring a further improvement to the AF-C and tracking, making it another
new camera.

As far as your D500 goes, I agree, you have very little to gain by buying a
D850. You have a great camera, and a bunch of very good glass, and if I were
in your shoes I would be shooting with that D500 today. However, I suspect
that if you actually picked up an X-T2, or the new X-E3 the next time you
visit B&H, you might be tempted to terst drive one, and buy it. As one of
those might be a revelation for you.

Savageduck

Old September 12th 17, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 9/11/2017 9:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 11, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Some of the guys in my CC have the Fuji. They are very satisfied with
the results. I did some shooting with their cameras. For tele work, I
did not think the weight difference was worth the bucks, especially
since I use the D500. I only use the FF for Macro and landscape. Only my
macro lens would do justice to the IQ of the D640. The built in focus
stacking is a great feature,m but I'm not sure I would use it enough to
justify trading in my D800.
So as I said earlier, I will wait.
--
PeterN