Need an inexpensive second computer?

Old September 5th 17, 05:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Need an inexpensive second computer?

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article ,
RichA wrote:

the difference is that the c65 is a collectible, and according to
wikipedia, only 50-2000 in existence.

yea! like 50 or 2000 dumps of bull would make a difference...

No one is going to use an Apple One to compute with, but it's still
valuable.

*very* valuable, one of which recently sold for nearly $1 million.

yeah! one million worth of crappy plastic and toxic compounds!
--
teleportation kills

Old September 5th 17, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

the difference is that the c65 is a collectible, and according to
wikipedia, only 50-2000 in existence.

yea! like 50 or 2000 dumps of bull would make a difference...

No one is going to use an Apple One to compute with, but it's still
valuable.

*very* valuable, one of which recently sold for nearly $1 million.

yeah! one million worth of crappy plastic and toxic compounds!

wood.

sloow start then... the interiors is kind of electrojunk that you would
of any telly... i have a mac classic in the basement that said "dong"
the last time i powered it up. i totally trumps the a1 in performance.
did i hear usd 10 billions? use the contact form on my blog...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 5th 17, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

the difference is that the c65 is a collectible, and according to
wikipedia, only 50-2000 in existence.

yea! like 50 or 2000 dumps of bull would make a difference...

No one is going to use an Apple One to compute with, but it's still
valuable.

*very* valuable, one of which recently sold for nearly $1 million.

yeah! one million worth of crappy plastic and toxic compounds!

wood.

sloow start then... the interiors is kind of electrojunk that you would
of any telly...

there is no interior.

it's just a board, usually mounted on a piece of wood:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Apple1innards.jpg

sometimes people built their own wooden box:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped.../Apple_I_Compu
ter.jpg/2560px-Apple_I_Computer.jpg

i have a mac classic in the basement that said "dong"
the last time i powered it up.

it was calling out your name.

i totally trumps the a1 in performance.
did i hear usd 10 billions? use the contact form on my blog...

nobody buys an apple i for performance.
Old September 5th 17, 06:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

there is no interior.

it's just a board, usually mounted on a piece of wood:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Apple1innards.jpg

that's the interior. e-junk...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 6th 17, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 17:10:43 UTC+1, android wrote:
In article ,
RichA wrote:

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 08:50:04 UTC-4, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-65...ly-Grail-of-Co
mmod
ore-
Co
llecting-/222630201237

While that brings back memories of what my old C64 with dual floppy
drive
was
capable of before I bought my Apple ][e, that C65 seems a tad over
priced,
just to say I had one in my collection. For that money I could buy
nicely
configured, and truly powerful contempory iMac.

the difference is that the c65 is a collectible, and according to
wikipedia, only 50-2000 in existence.

yea! like 50 or 2000 dumps of bull would make a difference...
--
teleportation kills

No one is going to use an Apple One to compute with, but it's still
valuable.

These guys take of that that's valuable in your computer and destroys
safely and permanently any compromising data... They say!

http://crushharddrives.com/

The old joke here (amonst apple users) is if you want to destroy data on a
drive install windows. ;-)

Tried it. Noob legend...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 6th 17, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 6 September 2017 11:40:49 UTC+1, android wrote:

RichA wrote:

On Tuesday, 5 September 2017 08:50:04 UTC-4, android wrote:
In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article
.com,
Savageduck wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Commodore-65...e-Holy-Grail-o
[...]

So you've never lost data after installing software, seems some have but
maybe that is their fault.

I got VPC for my blueberry iBook in the dawn of times. No data loss. I
installed the w10 beta with VBox on the one I'm typing on now. No data
loss...
--
teleportation kills