Can we improve screenshot DPI

Old August 27th 17, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Can we improve screenshot DPI

In article , Wolf K
wrote:

this is what you wrote:
wouldn't, for example, have to worry about whether someone else can open
the files sent to them, something that happens far too often when

you *specifically* mentioned worrying about opening files.

Which you took to mean "how-to-open", but which the context (packaging
data) makes quite clear meant "able-to-open". The fact is that too many
people still run into the problem of not being able to open a file, not
because they don't know how, but because their system can't handle that
particular data-package.

they don't run into that problem much anymore.

the vast majority of files are in well established formats, such as
jpeg, pdf, mp3, etc., which every system can handle.

those who use niche formats (e.g., dicom) will have the necessary
software to handle it.

In the Olden Days (which you should recall,
what with your decades of experience), that was in fact so common that
image-viewer ads (for example) touted the number of different file
formats they could open. Even today, the latest upgrade to one of my
programs highlights that it can not only open but process more file
formats than ever before.

and just how often do you actually *use* all of those obscure formats?

if you weren't talking about opening files, why did you mention it and
what were you talking about? that there are many formats?

Well, of course. That still causes problems, even if you don't run
across it.

it doesn't cause problems because the common formats are supported and
the rare ones are just that, rare.

users don't give a **** how many formats there are. all they care about
is that they can get their work done.

Yeah, and they royally ****ed off when they can't open a file because
it's in a format their software can't open.

simple solution: download the appropriate software.

user error.
Old August 28th 17, 02:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/27/2017 12:07 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Sat, 26 Aug 2017 18:24:34 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 8/25/2017 12:05 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:26:25 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 8/23/2017 6:49 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:09:51 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

for example:
http://www.focusmagic.com
Focus Magic uses advanced forensic strength deconvolution technology
to literally "undo" blur. It can repair both out-of-focus blur and
motion blur (camera shake) in an image. It is the only software that
can significantly recover lost detail from blurry images.

$65 lifetime cost? I don't know how you can beat that. Have you used
it?

no, but i've heard good things about it. photoshop has something
similar built in and there are other options too.

I might need to check this out. If I do, there will be a report...

be sure to log all memory errors

Oh sure, rub salt in the still festering wound...

Truth is, On1 is still slow in normal use. It might be time to get a
video card. I was using the Wacom Bamboo in LR and there is
considerable latency. It's all still usable, but a smoother experience
might be worth the price of a card. It's only money.

If there is latency with your tablet, it's probably the video card. I
would contact Wacom support, they sould be able to help.

There's latency with the mouse, too. The Wacom makes it more
confusing, but I'm sure it's my PC, and has nothing to do with their
tablet. Right now, there should be enough benefits to a new card to
just buy one, and get it over with. The main thing that has me putting
it off is the work involved in getting inside the PC. It's not easily
accessed, and I'm lazy.

I had a video card issue with my old machine. Wound up getting a new
machine. B&H had marked it down.m I had my excuse and the markdown
brought the machine within my budget.

Sure, there's benefits and tradeoffs to anything. We're all reasonable
adults here, so I don't think anyone makes big mistakes on this sort
of thing.

Sadly not all act like reasonable adults, here.

--
PeterN
Old August 28th 17, 04:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

wrote:

On 8/23/2017 6:49 PM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:09:51 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Bill W
wrote:

[...]

It's odd, but you're not the first one to say that...