Highway Robbery

Old September 19th 04, 06:53 PM
Jim Phelps

Default Highway Robbery

Someone just committed highway robbery on eBay, and I missed by an Euro
(about $1.20)

In my effort to move into LF and the search for a 4X5 enlarger, I spotted a
Durst Pictochrom Elite Plus (that's a fully automated version of the L1200
with integrated closed loop dichroic color head). It just sold for - 451
Euros (about 562 dollars). The saddest part is, the winner has zero
feedback, and joined eBay the day the enlarger was listed...

I may still get lucky... For now, I'll continue to look and hope the
winning bidder was the seller himself and will contact me for the sale...

Jim

Old September 20th 04, 11:59 PM
Dan Fromm

"Jim Phelps" wrote in message ...
Someone just committed highway robbery on eBay, and I missed by an Euro
(about $1.20)

In my effort to move into LF and the search for a 4X5 enlarger, I spotted a
Durst Pictochrom Elite Plus (that's a fully automated version of the L1200
with integrated closed loop dichroic color head). It just sold for - 451
Euros (about 562 dollars). The saddest part is, the winner has zero
feedback, and joined eBay the day the enlarger was listed...

I may still get lucky... For now, I'll continue to look and hope the
winning bidder was the seller himself and will contact me for the sale...

Jim

Hmmm. Seems to me that you attempted highway robbery and failed.
Fortune favors the brave. Next time, bid a fair price.

Good luck,

Dan

Old September 21st 04, 06:27 AM
Jim Phelps

"Dan Fromm" wrote in message
om...
"Jim Phelps" wrote in message
Someone just committed highway robbery on eBay, and I missed by an Euro
(about $1.20)

In my effort to move into LF and the search for a 4X5 enlarger, I spotted
Durst Pictochrom Elite Plus (that's a fully automated version of the
L1200
with integrated closed loop dichroic color head). It just sold for - 451
Euros (about 562 dollars). The saddest part is, the winner has zero
feedback, and joined eBay the day the enlarger was listed...

I may still get lucky... For now, I'll continue to look and hope the
winning bidder was the seller himself and will contact me for the sale...

Jim

Hmmm. Seems to me that you attempted highway robbery and failed.
Fortune favors the brave. Next time, bid a fair price.

Good luck,

Dan

I bid what I thought was a fair price. I could buy a new Beseler 45 V with
all the bangs and whistles for about 4K.

I was willing to go to 800, but the auction smelled fishy. Looked like the
seller was trying to drive the price up, and I wasn't going to play that
game.

In my E-Mail this morning there was a message from the seller. Hmmm....

Old September 22nd 04, 11:03 PM
Will Wagner

Jim Phelps wrote:

"Dan Fromm" wrote in message
. com...
"Jim Phelps" wrote in message
[...]

I've bid on some auctions where people did this. It's called shill
bidding, and it's against ebay's acceptable-use policy, not to mention
a totally dishonest method of doing business. Regardless of whether
you end up buying the item or not, TURN HIM IN and get his account
suspended or terminated. There's no reason that anybody should have
to put up with those tactics, which is why ebay made a rule about it.

Will

--
Will Wagner / / http://www.ymb.net/
"Keep it simple: as simple as possible, but no simpler." -- A. Einstein

Old November 3rd 04, 08:48 PM
Halbrainerd

Jim,

I have a Pictochrome Plus Elite enlarger (XDUR413000), Optoscan film
scanner (XDUR414050), Labom Table (XDUR413037), Picto Table Mount
(XDUR413027), Pictochrome Probe (XDUR413022), Pictobox Shutter
(XDUR413026), and a Pictobox (XDUR413010). I have the manual for the
Pictochrom Plus Elite, Optoscan, and Drop table. I reallize it is a lot
of equipment, but believe it is best to sell it together. It's origional
cost was over $40,000.00

I live in southwest Virginia and due to the value of the equipment,
believe it best if someone is really interested they should come get it.
I do not have the original shipping crates.

Are you interested in making an offer?
Hal Brainerd