20D: SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

Old February 28th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Default SO GOOD, IT'S CRIMINAL !

William Graham wrote:

All I said was that the development of the bomb, and the dropping of it on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a
perfectly reasonable thing for us to do.

Perhaps.
Much different circumstances.

And, it is also perfectly
reasonable for us to keep it out of the hands of people like Ahmadinejad and
Kim Jong Ill.

What makes you think we can have any influence on that course of events
short of invading two more countries? Does Pakistan's nuclear arsenal
concern you? Israel's? India's? Did it ever occur to you these countries
want nukes to protect themselves & if we were less agressive, they might
have less motivation to go nuts? Do you know what the major cause of war is?
Old February 28th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

William Graham wrote:
"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number wrote in message
Annika1980 wrote:
On Feb 27, 1:01 am, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:

I know there was a Cleopatra! Didn't you see the movie??
How could whats-her-fat-face play her so well if she didn't exist?
Sheesh.

William believes in nothing. Yet he claims to know all about how
liberals think.
How many other newsgroups can claim both a Holocaust denier and a
Cleopatra denier among it's regular posters? Not to mention a few
Canon deniers.

Ya, but I was only kidding...

Well, I know Elizabeth Taylor exists......I have wanted her since I
saw her in "National Velvet" way back in the 40's.......:^)

I'm not 70, but I fell in love with her old images from those films too...
I try not to look at her now... Sort of spoils things...

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old February 28th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
t...
William Graham wrote:

All I said was that the development of the bomb, and the dropping of it
on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a perfectly reasonable thing for us to do.

Perhaps.
Much different circumstances.

And, it is also perfectly reasonable for us to keep it out of the hands
of people like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Ill.

What makes you think we can have any influence on that course of events
short of invading two more countries?

I don't know.....Some think that economic sanctions might work. Some think
that buying them off (bribery) might work, and some think that military
invasion will have to be ultimately used.....What do you think?

Does Pakistan's nuclear arsenal
concern you? Israel's? India's?

Yes. Don't forget that I wanted to follow George Pattons advice, and take
over the whole world in 1945. Now, you are asking me what I think we should
do after the fact......Again, I don't know.

Did it ever occur to you these countries
want nukes to protect themselves & if we were less agressive, they might
have less motivation to go nuts? Do you know what the major cause of war
is?

Which countries? I don't worry too much about India & Pakistan, because they
have capitalistic economies, and I don't worry at all about Israel. Their
possession of nuclear weapons has been one of the great stabilizing
influences on the Middle East. Without them, we would be without
them.......:^)

Yes. The major cause of war is religious intolerance: "I know the true
God, and if you refuse to believe in Him, I am going to kill you."

Old February 28th 07, 05:50 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

wrote:

I know there was a Cleopatra! Didn't you see the movie??
How could whats-her-fat-face play her so well if she didn't exist?
Sheesh.

William believes in nothing. Yet he claims to know all about how
liberals think.
How many other newsgroups can claim both a Holocaust denier and a
Cleopatra denier among it's regular posters? Not to mention a few
Canon deniers.

Ya, but I was only kidding...

Well, I know Elizabeth Taylor exists......I have wanted her since I
saw her in "National Velvet" way back in the 40's.......:^)

I'm not 70, but I fell in love with her old images from those films too...
I try not to look at her now... Sort of spoils things...

Yeah.....When you get old, you are surprised at how bad all your childhood
sweethearts (and friends) look....but when you look in the mirror, you still
seem to look pretty good yourself......

Old February 28th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

wrote:

[...]

Ya...that's because you've been there through the slow pull of gravity.

When you see those long-lost sweethearts and etc., it's a shock because for
all those years, you're remembering them as they were.
Reality is tough sometimes.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old February 28th 07, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

William Graham wrote:

All I said was that the development of the bomb, and the dropping of it
on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a perfectly reasonable thing for us to do.

Perhaps.
Much different circumstances.

And, it is also perfectly reasonable for us to keep it out of the hands
of people like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Ill.

What makes you think we can have any influence on that course of events
short of invading two more countries?

I don't know.....Some think that economic sanctions might work. Some think
that buying them off (bribery) might work, and some think that military
invasion will have to be ultimately used.....What do you think?

I think the harder we press them, the harder they will defend
themselves. And maybe do something nutty.
Old February 28th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
news
William Graham wrote:

All I said was that the development of the bomb, and the dropping of it
on Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a perfectly reasonable thing for us to do.

Perhaps.
Much different circumstances.

And, it is also perfectly reasonable for us to keep it out of the hands
of people like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong Ill.

What makes you think we can have any influence on that course of events
short of invading two more countries?

I don't know.....Some think that economic sanctions might work. Some
think that buying them off (bribery) might work, and some think that
military invasion will have to be ultimately used.....What do you think?

I think the harder we press them, the harder they will defend themselves.
And maybe do something nutty.

Well, there is hope for Iran.....Ahmadinejad doesn't have the same kind of
absolute power over his people as does Kim Jong Ill. As a matter of fact,
there is a large number of Iranians who would like to see Iran give up its
nuclear weapons program. Perhaps they will pressure Ahmad to capitulate to
the UN's wishes........

Old February 28th 07, 06:45 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

William Graham wrote:

Well, there is hope for Iran.....Ahmadinejad doesn't have the same kind of
absolute power over his people as does Kim Jong Ill. As a matter of fact,
there is a large number of Iranians who would like to see Iran give up its
nuclear weapons program. Perhaps they will pressure Ahmad to capitulate to
the UN's wishes........

Yes but not while Bush turns the screws.
Would you?
Old February 28th 07, 06:56 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
.. .
William Graham wrote:

Well, there is hope for Iran.....Ahmadinejad doesn't have the same kind
of absolute power over his people as does Kim Jong Ill. As a matter of
fact, there is a large number of Iranians who would like to see Iran give
up its nuclear weapons program. Perhaps they will pressure Ahmad to
capitulate to the UN's wishes........

Yes but not while Bush turns the screws.
Would you?

Like us, Iran will have to deal with Bush until 1/1/08. After that, who
knows who they will have to deal with. Hillary may be 10 times worse....:^)

Old February 28th 07, 09:03 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Polson

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:58:17 -0000, "Joseph Kewfi"
wrote:
The above is preposterous. We developed the atom bomb just in the nick of
time.....Hitler could have developed it, and if he did, we would all (yes,
all) be dead right now, and the whole world would be goose stepping to his
tune.

Actually Bill, it was Nazi scientists spirited out of defeated Germany that
built the "American" atom bomb, but don't let that small fact of history get
in the way of another ill-informed rant.

Actually, that isn't true. The atom bomb was the product of mainly
American and British scientists working together, pooling their
knowledge.

The German scientists, notably led by Werner von Bruan, later
contributed to the development of US ballistic missiles, but that was
long after the war ended.