1st experience with Costco/Qualex

Old October 19th 05, 12:04 PM
babelfish

Default 1st experience with Costco/Qualex

Would you be willing to spend $7.50 for custom 2 hour processing? That's
what it costs here, but all the work is done on site in a dip and dunk
processor - your choice of plastic or cardboard mounts - QLab process
monitoring. The limit of liability is the same everywhere unless you pay a
premium for extra insurance. Should there be a mishap, you would get
compensated to the extent of the insurance you bought on the processing.

john castronovo
tech photo & imaging

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in message
t...
OK, so I take a few around town shots on a roll of provia 100f that I
have. I decided I will try out Costco and see how things go with Qualex
E-6. The roll I sent them had 35 exposures [accidentally clicked one
into my lens cover ..doh!]. Dropped off on a Saturday about 11:30AM and
there is a sign that development is now taking 4-5 days.

Well, day 5 .. no pictures. I do some checking and it sounds like it is
still processing. Day 8 the photos arrive. Great. I get the envelope
it and it has masking tape all over it. It is manhandled. I get it
home and open up the kodak box. The frames are nice. The images are
developed well ... all 8 of them!!! Out of 35 images, they lost 27 of
them somewhere! The box clearly says they developed 35 images. They
even left the remnant of the film at the end of the roll in the box.
So, WTF!

Does this happen with them often? Do I have recourse? Do I dare try
them again? The price was nice at $3.19.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Spammers please contact me at .