EOS 350D hot pixels

Old September 17th 05, 01:06 AM

In message ,
"Manuel W." wrote:

Anyway, thanks ... but IMHO this is uneblievable.

You've never been in an aviary before? This is where people flap their
wings and sport their plumage. Nothing to get upset about.
--

John P Sheehy

Old September 18th 05, 02:05 PM
Viper

Send it back to Canon... I sent mine in on a Monday (from OH) and had it
back on Friday...

"Manuel W." wrote in message
I have been playing around with a new filter when I started noticing hot
pixels on my 350D. So I did some tests: I have two pretty visible hot
pixels in the image. One is bright blue and one is bright red. Both are
about 2x3 pixels large.

They show up either:
- with ISO = 800 at any shutter speed
- with ISO 800 starting from shutter speeds of about 1"

If I enable C.fn2 (noise reduction) they go away on long exposures (1" or
more), but they definitely remain at ISO 800 and ISO 1600 on faster
exposures (obviously, because noise reduction only kicks in at 1" or
slower).

When the camera was brand new (3 months ago) the hot pixels weren't there.

Is this supposed to be normal? I'm definitely not into returning the
camera to Canon as I'll have to wait a month or more I suppose... the hot
pixels are not really bothering me on "regular", non-night pictures, but
they have to be "healed out" on some dark pictures.

Anyone?

Thanks
-Manuel

News==----