Rollei TLR - suggestions

Old April 21st 04, 01:35 PM
Stefano Bramato

Default Rollei TLR - suggestions

I'm new in medium format and i fell in love for my two rolleiflex
instantly!!
I'm from 35mm since 1989, but now I need some suggestions.
I bought recently two Rolleiflex:
A rolleiflex model T with Tessar
A rolleiflex model D with Planar 2,8. Every camera i see is properly
exposing and in kind shape.
Are they a good business to shot in the gorgeous MF?
What brand of film to get the best from the rolleis?

With 35mm usually i used Fuji NPH or NPC for color and T-max 400 or
HP5 (in every kind of asa, since 3200).
Do you think that the same brand for 120 film are quite good?

Thanks in advance for every kind of suggestions!!

Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!
Old April 21st 04, 05:16 PM
Ed Krebs

You can see lots of Rollei photos, color and B&W, at the Rollei Gallery:

http://www.rollei-gallery.net/

My prints are at:
http://www.rollei-gallery.net/edkrebs/folder-3739.html

Ed Krebs
The Thalia Street Gallery, http://edkrebs.com

Old April 21st 04, 11:19 PM
Craig Schroeder

You will get the same general "look" with better gradation in the
films you mention. I'd suggest sticking with the emulsions that you
are familiar with at first. Personally, I use the 2 Fuji films that
you mention and also HP5+ as my primary b&w in medium format and feel
that they work exceptionally well.

Old April 22nd 04, 01:10 PM
Stefano Bramato

You will get the same general "look" with better gradation in the
films you mention. I'd suggest sticking with the emulsions that you
are familiar with at first. Personally, I use the 2 Fuji films that
you mention and also HP5+ as my primary b&w in medium format and feel
that they work exceptionally well.

thanks very much for suggestion,
Stefano
--
Non è bello cio che è bello figuriamoci cio che è brutto!