MF & Technical Pan, looking for optimum sharpness

Old April 20th 04, 09:30 PM
Philippe Lauwers

Default MF & Technical Pan, looking for optimum sharpness

"David J. Littleboy" schreef in bericht

"Philippe Lauwers" wrote:

Use a tripod (goes without saying).

a what ? ;-) (grin)

One of these: http://www.pbase.com/image/26582234/large (Oops)

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Do you really own two of those ?

Old April 20th 04, 09:31 PM
jjs

So was this one from the same site: http://www.pbase.com/image/20931312

Old April 20th 04, 10:58 PM
Dan Quinn

"Philippe Lauwers"

You may wish to trade off shallow DOF for increased diffusion.
I have'nt taken much notice of that but think out of focus conditions
will much more blur an image than the effects of diffusion.
BTW, Tech Pan has a normal spectral sensitivity but much extended
at the red end. You probably knew that. Dan
Old April 21st 04, 02:39 AM
Michael Scarpitti

"Philippe Lauwers" wrote in message li.nl...
Hello,

The last few weeks I've been shooting landscapes with a Hasselblad 503CW,
using a CFE 2.8/80 mm- lens and TMX. Now that I've finally decided on how to
build my compositions, I'm considering to start all over again using
Technical Pan. For most pictures, the lens is stopped down to f11 or more.

As you probably suspect from the combination medium-format / Technical Pan,
I'll be trying to get the most out of my camera/film combination in terms of
detail, sharpness, ...

F/11 won't get it, and Tech Pan won't get it. Use a medium-speed film
like FP4 or TMX. Tech Pan won't give you good tonality, and the
smallest apertures suffer from diffraction.
Old April 21st 04, 04:19 AM
John

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:22:40 -0500, "jjs" wrote:

Oof the reasons I just friggin hate Kodak's T-Grain films is because
it is the worst combination of 'kinda' fine grain without a chance of edge
sharpness.

Try TMX and Rodinal 1:100 for 19min at 70F

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old April 21st 04, 07:10 AM
jjs

In article , John
wrote:

Try TMX and Rodinal 1:100 for 19min at 70F

Thanks, John. I will consider it when I finish off the Agfa APX.
Old April 21st 04, 03:12 PM
Michael Scarpitti

(jjs) wrote in message ...
In article , John
wrote:

Try TMX and Rodinal 1:100 for 19min at 70F

Thanks, John. I will consider it when I finish off the Agfa APX.

Acutol and FP4 will obliterate TMX and Rodinal.