BBC reports on new Hasselblad

Old June 27th 16, 03:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Default BBC reports on new Hasselblad

newshound wrote:
On 6/25/2016 5:37 PM, RichA wrote:
On Saturday, 25 June 2016 09:13:59 UTC-4, newshound wrote:
On 6/24/2016 5:49 AM, Rich A wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36598977

Think I will wait for the 2 1/4 square sensor

:-)

It won't be "affordable."

It used to be said of Rolls Royce cars that if you needed to ask the
price, you couldn't afford one.

That actually referred to J.P. Morgan and the price of a yacht, many
years ago.

Mort Linder
Old June 27th 16, 04:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/27/2016 10:33 AM, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 6/25/2016 5:37 PM, RichA wrote:
On Saturday, 25 June 2016 09:13:59 UTC-4, newshound wrote:
On 6/24/2016 5:49 AM, Rich A wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36598977

Think I will wait for the 2 1/4 square sensor

:-)

It won't be "affordable."

It used to be said of Rolls Royce cars that if you needed to ask the
price, you couldn't afford one.

That actually referred to J.P. Morgan and the price of a yacht, many
years ago.

There is a local story floating around Oyster Bay, that J.P Morgan was
seen taking deposit cans & bottles out of a trash can. At that time
someone yelled: "Things slow at the bank, Jack?"

--
PeterN
Old June 27th 16, 11:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Mon, 27 Jun 2016 02:42:45 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Sunday, 26 June 2016 21:53:11 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 26 June 2016 16:32:29 UTC-4, Davoud wrote:
J. Clarke:
When it can outrun a 1988 Trans Am then I"ll be impressed.

If an '88 Trans Am could outrun my 1.6 litre Miata on a twisty road I
would be impressed. If it could stop from 80mph five times in
succession without the brakes catching fire I would be even more
impressed. Drag-strip performance does not make a complete performance
car.

It takes little effort to get more horsepower out of a lot of cars (Muscle cars, Japanese sports cars) than the Bugatti and no, they aren't race cars for a twisting race track, but for $80,000 or so they can become race cars. The $100,000 GT-R is faster in acceleration than the Bugatti, up to a point and can be made much faster with about $25,000 more put in.

0-100 kph in 1.513 seconds ain't bad.
No idea where the shopping would go.

https://www.ethz.ch/content/main/en/...eltrekord.html

Its only a bit over 1g - 1.3g to be more precise - so it's not likely
to worry the shopping. More importantly it reached 100km/hr in less
than 30m and its not worth loading the shopping into the car if you
are only wanting to go that distance.

Eric Stevens
Old June 27th 16, 11:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 28/06/2016 02:33, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 6/25/2016 5:37 PM, RichA wrote:
On Saturday, 25 June 2016 09:13:59 UTC-4, newshound wrote:
On 6/24/2016 5:49 AM, Rich A wrote:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36598977

Think I will wait for the 2 1/4 square sensor

:-)

It won't be "affordable."

It used to be said of Rolls Royce cars that if you needed to ask the
price, you couldn't afford one.

That actually referred to J.P. Morgan and the price of a yacht, many
years ago.

There were mythical stories that Rolls Royce cars "never broke down".
The story usually went along the lines of a wealthy British expat in
some colony where RR car actually did break down on some jungle or
desert track, contact made with RR dealer, RR flies engineers out from
mother England, they arrive in helicopters, get the car running and
bugger-off back home. Honest owner never receives a bill so contacts RR
to be told that "but sir - you appear to have made a mistake - Rolls
Royce cars never break down".
The reliability of Rolls Royce and true cost for repairs is reflected in
resale value - not very good is an understatement.
The common saying about cars like that is: "if you can't afford to buy a
new one - then you won't be able to afford to run a used one".

Old June 28th 16, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/27/2016 6:44 PM, Me wrote:
On 28/06/2016 02:33, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
[...]

Here is a non-Apocryphal story. I was retained on a matter by a Rolls
dealer, out of town. It is the usual practice on out of town deals to
discuss the anticipated issues over lunch. At lunch time the owner
explained that he could not go out to lunch, and said take a Rolls. I
asked if I could bring something back, he said whatever you are having
and we could eat in the office. I too the Rolls to a drive up window at
Arbys. He got my message and things went very well.

--
PeterN
Old June 29th 16, 11:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Me

On 29/06/2016 19:43, RichA wrote:
On Monday, 27 June 2016 18:44:23 UTC-4, Me wrote:
On 28/06/2016 02:33, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
[...]

How about the ones where in the 1920's, Oklahoma indians (on whose land they found oil) would park their Rolls at the kerb when the ashtray was full and go buy a new one?

In my country, various myths were circulated by colonial settlers about
the native peoples' inability to understand the value of money and
material things, probably because it made the concept of taking things
from them by stealth, extortion, and theft palatable.
Old June 29th 16, 01:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 28/06/2016 02:33, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
[...]

Do us all a favor. Don't do any business in the US, and spew your venom
elsewhere.
As Me said, that story was a myth perpetrated by people like you for
avaricious reasons, and to try to justify there own prejudices.

--
PeterN
Old June 30th 16, 10:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 28/06/2016 02:33, Mort wrote:
newshound wrote:
[...]

I never said it was true, literalist moron.

Read you own statement. Thank you for the compliment.

--
PeterN