PHOTO ALBUM ??

Old January 15th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default PHOTO ALBUM ??

I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

rj
Old January 15th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RJ wrote:
I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

Have you tried using the Picasa label feature. You assign the pictures
to a label and virtual copies of the pictures are gathered together in a
pseudo-collection. You can also drag and drop pictures onto a label that
has already been created. Although labels look like collections there is
one big difference. The pictures you see collected under a label are
only pointers to the original pictures. This lets you have the same
picture in multiple labels but only maintain one copy of the picture.
Deleting a picture from a label does *not* delete the original picture
from its collection (however, deleting it from the collection does
delete it from all of the labels).

--
- Barry
Old January 16th 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RJ wrote:
I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my
computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo
features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

rj

Adobe Photoshop Album 2.

Old January 16th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

RJ wrote:
I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

rj

I use Paint Shop Photo Album, from Corel. For one thing, it catalogs photos on CDs, which
Picasa didn't do originally' I'm not sure if it does it now. And PSPA lets you enter
descrptib=ve keyowrds for aa photo, and search for photos by those words. My wife and I
also use it to put slide shows online and on DVDs.
Old January 18th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"RJ" skrev i en meddelelse
I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my
computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo
features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

rj

Another solution is FotoAlbum from www.fototime.com.

Best regards
Henrik

Old January 18th 06, 10:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

news.sonofon.dk wrote:
"RJ" skrev i en meddelelse
I'm getting quite the accumulation of digital picture files on my
computer.

So far, I've been using PICASA to handle the crop/clean/color, etc.
For me, it's an intuitively easy program, with just the right photo
features.

But now it's time to sort the pics into different "albums".
One pic might appear in several albums, depending on the content.

PICASA doesn't seem to be able to cross-index photo files
without making a separate file for each instance.

Can someone suggest a good "album" program ?

rj

Another solution is FotoAlbum from www.fototime.com.

Best regards
Henrik

I use Corel Photo Album 6 though it's not free. It handles RAW (Version
6.3) I use it to DL photos from my Canon A95. The RAW feature is
attractive to me once I move up to a DSLR shortly.

Ron
Old January 19th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.

The old adage is true;....RTFM !!

I downloaded/printed the PICASA manual,
and did some serious studying.

Turns out, it has all the sorting features I want. ( just wasn't intuitive )
And, I've found several other editing and control features
that'll definitely improve my photo handling

So, PICASA it is !!

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to help.