Dimage 7 strange shutter problem

Old July 6th 04, 01:47 PM
Georges Rosset

Default Dimage 7 strange shutter problem

I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.

Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?

Thank you for any feedback.

Georges Rosset
Geneva - Switzerland
(remove nojunk. if replying by e-mail)
Old July 6th 04, 03:14 PM
Jeff Durham

Is it possible that you are trying to take pictures faster than the camera
can write to memory? Does the problem go away in a minute or so?

Jeff

Old July 6th 04, 03:30 PM
Georges Rosset

No. The problem can appears anytime, even when the camera has been
idle for a while.
Georges

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:14:34 GMT,
"Jeff Durham" wrote (a écrit):

Is it possible that you are trying to take pictures faster than the camera
can write to memory? Does the problem go away in a minute or so?

Jeff

.. .

Old July 6th 04, 07:52 PM
Jeff Durham

If it is under warranty, I would consider taking it in for repair then. The
other things to try might be different batteries or a different memory card.
Maybe one of those things is causing the camera to act up.

Jeff

news

Old July 7th 04, 12:36 AM
Bob

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:47:17 +0200, Georges Rosset
wrote:

I have a Minolta Dimage 7 camera. Lately it has started showing a
strange shutter problem. At time, it refuse to take the picture -that
is pressing the shutter doesn't do nothing.
The problem appears for about 30% of the time. Very infuriating.

Does anyone has experienced this particula problem ?

Thank you for any feedback.

I had that a few times only - aimed the camera and pushed the button and
nothing... nothing at all... I turned it off and on and that fixed it...

Once I remember I had to remove the battery's to reset it.

No idea why, but only a few times in 2000 pics.