Photo album

Old October 19th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_4_]

Default Photo album

Manuel Marino wrote:
Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.

Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.

Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.

Manuel,

Two suggestions:

1 - ask in the newsgroup: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, which is devoted
to DSLR cameras and their accessories. I'll cross-post there and set
follow-ups for you.

2 - for low cost, but good quality, you could look at the Nikon D40 with
its 18 - 55mm kit lens. Add extra lenses as you need them. It has good
low-light performance, and its 6MP may suit your project well. You may
even be able to get a Nikon rebate and make the cost even less.

Cheers,
David

Old October 19th 07, 05:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Manuel Marino

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:34:49 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Manuel Marino wrote:
Hello, I'm a photo enthusiast who never passed to digital.

Now I need to buy a new reflex, digital, for a photo album project.

Any suggestions? I don't want to spend too much.

Manuel,

Two suggestions:

1 - ask in the newsgroup: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, which is devoted
to DSLR cameras and their accessories. I'll cross-post there and set
follow-ups for you.

2 - for low cost, but good quality, you could look at the Nikon D40 with
its 18 - 55mm kit lens. Add extra lenses as you need them. It has good
low-light performance, and its 6MP may suit your project well. You may
even be able to get a Nikon rebate and make the cost even less.

Cheers,
David

Ciao David... the Nikon is nice, are you sure 6MP is not low?

practically I need hi res photos to be published in a Photo album.

--
Manuel Marino

My Weblog / Music, Arts, People, Ideas
http://www.manuelmarino.com

Old October 19th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bruce

Hi

Try the Nikon 40X

Bruce

Old October 19th 07, 06:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J Taylor[_4_]

Manuel Marino wrote:
[]
Ciao David... the Nikon is nice, are you sure 6MP is not low?

practically I need hi res photos to be published in a Photo album.

Well, what size prints do you need? You did ask for low-cost, and to me
the description "photo album" implies rather small prints. 6MP will
easily do A4 size (or 10 x 8 inches). And there is a 10MP variant - the
D40X - as Bruce mentioned.

David

Old October 20th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Manuel Marino

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 17:42:57 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Manuel Marino wrote:
[]
Ciao David... the Nikon is nice, are you sure 6MP is not low?

practically I need hi res photos to be published in a Photo album.

Well, what size prints do you need? You did ask for low-cost, and to me
the description "photo album" implies rather small prints. 6MP will
easily do A4 size (or 10 x 8 inches). And there is a 10MP variant - the
D40X - as Bruce mentioned.

David

Thank you! the D40x seems a wonderful machine. It will do the job!

PHOTO ALBUM ?? Digital Photography 6 January 19th 06 06:44 AM
New photo-album Jørn Dahl-Stamnes Digital Photography 0 November 30th 05 08:53 AM
Try DVD Photo Album version 3.01 to make digital photo album playable on TV with DVD player Michael Shaw Digital Photography 2 September 24th 04 10:10 AM
[FA] - 400-Photo Folding Photo Album (also perfect for 3x5 cards) Ken General Equipment For Sale 0 January 19th 04 06:07 PM
FA: 400-Photo Awesome Folding Travelling Photo Album Ken General Equipment For Sale 0 August 23rd 03 06:51 PM