Photoshop CS2 and A100 RAW files

Old March 23rd 07, 11:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
JaffaB

Default Photoshop CS2 and A100 RAW files

Hello,

I am using Photoshop CS2, with Bridge version (CS2) 1.0.0.545
(934460). I was told that this would work directly with the RAW
(ARW) files from my Sony A100, but te raw files just appear as unknown
file types, and I manually have to open them in the Sony RAW
convertor.

Any Idea what I have to configure/download/patch to make it work with
my A100 raw files

Many thanks in advance

Old March 23rd 07, 12:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Skip

"JaffaB" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I am using Photoshop CS2, with Bridge version (CS2) 1.0.0.545
(934460). I was told that this would work directly with the RAW
(ARW) files from my Sony A100, but te raw files just appear as unknown
file types, and I manually have to open them in the Sony RAW
convertor.

Any Idea what I have to configure/download/patch to make it work with
my A100 raw files

Many thanks in advance

Go he
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows

Depending on what version of CS2 you're using, you need to d/l the version
that supports the Sony.

--
Skip Middleton
www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old March 23rd 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Ed Ruf "Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote:
On 23 Mar 2007 04:17:50 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "JaffaB"
wrote:

Hello,

I am using Photoshop CS2, with Bridge version (CS2) 1.0.0.545
(934460). I was told that this would work directly with the RAW
(ARW) files from my Sony A100, but te raw files just appear as unknown
file types, and I manually have to open them in the Sony RAW
convertor.

Any Idea what I have to configure/download/patch to make it work with
my A100 raw files

Get the latest version of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) from the Adobe web
site.

Automatic updates within Photoshop should pick this up. Why would this be
disabled?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old March 23rd 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JaffaB

wrote:

Hello,

I amusingPhotoshopCS2, with Bridge version (CS2) 1.0.0.545
(934460). I was told that this would work directly with theRAW
(ARW) files from my Sony A100, but terawfiles just appear as unknown
file types, and I manually have to open them in the SonyRAW
convertor.

Any Idea what I have to configure/download/patch to make it work with
my A100rawfiles

Get the latest version ofAdobeCameraRaw(ACR) from theAdobeweb
site.

Automatic updates withinPhotoshopshould pick this up. Why would this be
disabled?

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse
Key Fingerprint: D281 77A5 63EE 82C5 5E68 00E4 7868 0ADC 4EFB 39F0- Hide quoted text -

Hi all, thank you.

I have downloaded the latest files (and turned on auto updates). I
actually expected it to be be able to read the ARW (raw) files in the
Bridge rather than having to run through the DNG (which is currently
running on some 700 files as I type). Oh well. Thanks anyway

Just for interest, for any other A100 users out there reading this,
does anybody have an opinion on which gives the best restults - the
supplied Alpha (one at a time) RAW processor, or the CS2 DNG converter?

Old March 23rd 07, 01:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

JaffaB wrote:
Hi all, thank you.

I have downloaded the latest files (and turned on auto updates). I
actually expected it to be be able to read the ARW (raw) files in the
Bridge rather than having to run through the DNG (which is currently
running on some 700 files as I type). Oh well. Thanks anyway

If the DNG converter can convert it than Bridge should show it. You need to
make the latest ACR is installed for Bridge to use as well.

Having said that, I convert ALL of my RAW files over to DNG and I delete my
original .NEF.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old March 23rd 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rutger

Having said that, I convert ALL of my RAW files over to DNG and I delete
my
original .NEF.

What's the use of that?

Rutger

--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/zwaarddrager

Old March 24th 07, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Barry Pearson

On Mar 23, 4:11 pm, "Rutger" wrote:
Having said that, I convert ALL of my RAW files over to DNG and I delete
my original .NEF.

What's the use of that?

I can't speak for Thomas. But I convert my PEFs to DNG and delete the
PEFs, and I can speak for me.

The benefits I get from DNG are included he
http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/articles/dng/benefits.htm

For me, there is no downside.

--
Barry Pearson
http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/photography/

Old April 14th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Q.T. Bouy

OK, so I use the alpha RAW images all the time without converting
them. You may need to associate them if you are on Windows platform.
This is as easy as right-clicking and using open if there is no
association or open with if there is a wrong association. Use the
Choose Program... selection if available and assign Photoshop to the
extension. This should prompt the Camera Raw import plugin hook to
read the file. I think.

Mike

Camera RAW link:
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html