i need advice

Old April 3rd 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
plavi

Default i need advice

http://rapidshare.com/files/23514064/img061.bmp

Please tell me did i took a good photo?

Old April 3rd 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On 3 Apr 2007 07:47:25 -0700, plavi wrote:

Please tell me did i took a good photo?

Thank you nope no look took. The URL pointing to a .BMP file just
went to a page advertizing a web hosting service. The only
possibilities for downloading appear to be a Premium and a Free
button. Let's see what happens when I click on "Free" :
Ah, more advertising and a notice that an intention delay of .8
minutes is used for those that haven't paid the web host's toll.
Then a list of prices, ranging from 4.50 EUR for a 48 hour short
term account on up to 54.99 EUR/year, and several payment links for
Paypal, PayByCall and Wire Transfer. Gee, it sounds so authentic
and secure. At the bottom of the page is this note:

Alternatively you can purchase your premium account from one of our
verified resellers.
Right now: Russia, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia

Uh, no thanks. I don't think I'm still interested in downloading
your BMP file, which is probably just a Mickey Mouse image anyway.
At least your web host seems to be as honest as the day is long,
since none of the resellers are located in Nigeria, home of the
lonely bank notes that seek compassionate hand holding.

Old April 14th 07, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On Apr 3, 3:26 pm, ASAAR wrote:
[...]

Hello, ASAAR:

Furthermore, would a real photographer - or even a casual snapshooter
-
post a pic in an uncompressed format, such as BMP? Even a dummy should
know that JPG is the way to go!

Cordially,
John Turco

Advice Norm Fleming Digital Photography 1 May 15th 06 08:03 PM
Need some advice Annelèn Digital Photography 0 May 9th 06 07:54 PM
advice please matija Digital Photography 0 February 13th 06 04:28 PM
Need advice Jude Digital SLR Cameras 12 August 9th 05 05:29 AM
advice please jean strinckx Medium Format Photography Equipment 1 April 9th 04 08:04 AM