Lightroom for RawShooter Premium Customers?

Old February 21st 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Default Lightroom for RawShooter Premium Customers?

Does anybody have an idea why Adobe has NOT contacted the Pixmantec customers
for their promised upgrade to Lightroom 1.0?

Has anybody had any luck getting Adobe to recognize this and to get their
promised copy?

I put in a support ticket, but I don't anticipate a satisfying response.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old February 21st 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim

FWIW I had a beta of Lightroom and had a mail from them yesterday

"Your Adobe® Photoshop® LightroomT beta software will expire on February 28,
continue using Lightroom, simply upgrade to the version now shipping -
LightroomT 1.0. And
to thank you for being a beta participant, we're offering a special
introductory price."

Not much help I guess but it does show they've been contacting the beta
users
Tim

http://www.timdenning.myby.co.uk/

Old February 21st 07, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Good Man

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote in
:

Tim no wrote:
FWIW I had a beta of Lightroom and had a mail from them yesterday

"Your Adobe? Photoshop? LightroomT beta software will expire on
February 28, 2007. To
continue using Lightroom, simply upgrade to the version now shipping
- LightroomT 1.0. And
to thank you for being a beta participant, we're offering a special
introductory price."

Not much help I guess but it does show they've been contacting the
beta users

... yeah ... to BUY it.

If you purchased RSP before July '06, the software is FREE.

http://www.pixmantec.com/newsletter/19/index.html

Q: When will Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 be available for RawShooter Premium
customers?

A: The Photoshop Lightroom offer email for RawShooter Premium customers
will be distributed by February 23rd with instructions on how to obtain
a free downloadable copy of Lightroom 1.0.

Q: Can RawShooter Premium customers get started with Photoshop Lightroom
before receiving the offer email?

A: Yes, please download the 30 day trial version of Lightroom at the
following URL and the offer email will provide instructions on how to
obtain the serial number that will license the trial version of
Lightroom.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/i...uct=photoshop%
5Flightroom&loc=en%5Fus

Q: Who do I contact if I don’t receive an offer email by February 23rd?

A: If you are an owner of RawShooter Premium (RawShooter Essential users
do not qualify for this offer) and you do not receive an offer email by
February 23rd please contact Adobe Customer Service in your region for
further assistance. (http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html)

Q: How can I convert my RawShooter Premium settings to Lightroom or
Photoshop Camera Raw compatible settings?

A: A free settings conversion tool will be posted to the following URL
on March 5th for use by RawShooter Premium customers:
http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php...Migration_Tool

Best,GM

Old February 21st 07, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
Does anybody have an idea why Adobe has NOT contacted the Pixmantec customers
for their promised upgrade to Lightroom 1.0?

Has anybody had any luck getting Adobe to recognize this and to get their
promised copy?

I put in a support ticket, but I don't anticipate a satisfying response.

I guess I should give Adobe more credit. They didn't respond to my ticket per
se, but the did send me an email with the subject:

"Your complimentary copy of Photoshop Lightroom is now available."

In the email is a link for download. Yahoo!

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Old February 21st 07, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Max Perl

I have just got my free copy of lightroom 1.0.
I was a Pixmantec user, so you will probably get your copy (link by email)
in the
near future.

.. .

Old February 21st 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RoseW

Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
| Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
|| Does anybody have an idea why Adobe has NOT contacted the Pixmantec
|| customers for their promised upgrade to Lightroom 1.0?
|| Has anybody had any luck getting Adobe to recognize this and to get
|| their promised copy?
|| I put in a support ticket, but I don't anticipate a satisfying
|| response.
|
| I guess I should give Adobe more credit. They didn't respond to my
| ticket per se, but the did send me an email with the subject:
|
| "Your complimentary copy of Photoshop Lightroom is now available."
|
| In the email is a link for download. Yahoo!

The link has not been working properly. If you check the Lightroom forum in
the Adobe site there are several who have experienced the same situation
where the registration number does not appear but the download can continue.
Its a one use link so trying to repeat the action is denied. In my case
after entering the initial information and proceeding to page 2 resulted in
that page not available due to Service Maintenance ( a lot of unusual code
displayed) so I have used up my 'one time' link. I did download previously
but it has 30 days. Perhaps there will be a resolution since the suggestion
was to send in a customer support form.

Rose

Old February 21st 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Good Man

"RoseW" wrote in
news
The link has not been working properly. If you check the Lightroom
forum in the Adobe site there are several who have experienced the
same situation where the registration number does not appear but the
download can continue. Its a one use link so trying to repeat the
action is denied. In my case after entering the initial information
and proceeding to page 2 resulted in that page not available due to
Service Maintenance ( a lot of unusual code displayed) so I have used
up my 'one time' link. I did download previously but it has 30 days.
Perhaps there will be a resolution since the suggestion was to send in
a customer support form.

Download the trial version. You will be given a serial number to unlock
the 30-day limit by Feb 28th. See my previous post.
Old February 22nd 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J. Littleboy

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" wrote:
Does anybody have an idea why Adobe has NOT contacted the Pixmantec
customers
for their promised upgrade to Lightroom 1.0?

Has anybody had any luck getting Adobe to recognize this and to get their
promised copy?

I put in a support ticket, but I don't anticipate a satisfying response.

I wasn't expecting a satisfying response either, but I found that
persistently refreshing the page finally displayed a serial number that
worked. From the comments in the RSP thread on the Lightroom forum, it
sounds that most problems are getting solved.

You'll want to back up that serial number in 17 places, since you'll
probably need it to get upgrades at upgrade prices.

In my current tests, it's looking as though Lightroom is even better than
RSP for rescuing highlights*. So much so that playing single-exposure HDR
games is going to be necessary for almost every shot: I may be dreaming, but
at ISO 200 in one shot with hopelessly blown skies, hitting it with a _FOUR_
stop negative exposure compensation produce nearly black subject matter and
nice gradations in the sky. Whew.

*: And shadows: the RSP fill light slider was useful in that it also reduced
highlight contrast, but the Lightroom fill light and rescue sliders are much
more independent. Hooray!

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old February 22nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

RoseW wrote:

The link has not been working properly. If you check the Lightroom forum in
the Adobe site there are several who have experienced the same situation
where the registration number does not appear but the download can continue.
Its a one use link so trying to repeat the action is denied. In my case
after entering the initial information and proceeding to page 2 resulted in
that page not available due to Service Maintenance ( a lot of unusual code
displayed) so I have used up my 'one time' link. I did download previously
but it has 30 days. Perhaps there will be a resolution since the suggestion
was to send in a customer support form.

It didn't work for me yesterday afternoon, but it did work last night. All is
well.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse