Any reliable photo stores you can recommend in Hong Kong and mainland China?

Old April 5th 05, 03:34 PM
Alparslan

Default Any reliable photo stores you can recommend in Hong Kong and mainland China?

Hello ,

Do you know of any reliable photo stores you can recommend in Hong Kong and
mainland China. I have been considering a PME45 Hasselblad Viewfinder and
some other accessories. I have friends travelling there frequently. I am
also considering the option of mail order from there. Any links to their web
page or any contact information would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Al

Old April 6th 05, 04:04 PM
Old Cake

Hi Al,

I would recommend Man Shing Photo Supplies Co. Ltd and New Cameron Photo Co,
both are reputable Hasselblad dealers in Hong Kong. Their addresses and
telephone numbers can be found in
http://www.shriro.com.hk/downloads/d...selblad_HK.pdf.

Chris

"Alparslan" ...

Old April 9th 05, 02:33 AM
wilt

No such thing as bargains abroad, even in the Far East. Especially now
that we have a relatively weak dollar. Go order from B&H or Adorama.
(I have travelled to 25 countries and shopped in camera stores in many
of them, and the only real bargain was buying in UK when the pound was
very weak and you got VAT fund on to of that!)

-Wilt

Old April 11th 05, 03:23 PM
peter

I haven't been to HK for many years. Last time I checked, this chain store
was reputable. But they are also one of the more expensive ones.
http://www.ibroadway.com.hk/
They don't do mail order.

There is another one called Fortress. It is also a chain store.
http://www.fortress.com.hk/eng/home.asp

Also, last time I checked, the electronics/camera stuff are either more
expensive or not that much cheaper compared to prices in USA. I know many
friends who go to HK once in a while, but nobody brings back
electronics/camera gear anymore unless it's some gadget not available in the
USA. Not only are the stuff not that much cheaper, you have to worry about
how to get warranty service, and you may also get taxed bringing it into
USA.