Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

Old July 2nd 20, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Morro Bay -Drone Revisit

On 7/2/20 PDT 3:01 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Wed, 01 Jul 2020 19:04:22 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jul 1, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

I drove down to Morro Bay today, it was a lot less overcast that for my last trip, so here here are some of the results of today’s flight around the bay.

First two 180º panoramas, which will be followed later, once it is rendered, by some video shot at 4K 60fps with a Freewell ND16+CPL filter @ ISO100 & 1/120 SS.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-PnG64Fx/0/c5554fc7/5K/DJI_0006b-5K.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-5bJ8RsZ/0/0291682b/5K/DJI_0008-5K.jpg

Video to follow:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

Old July 2nd 20, 04:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...920/MB-701-4K6
0-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.
Old July 2nd 20, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 2, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , John McWilliams
wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ that a network error is generated?"

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 20, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Jul 2, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On Jul 2, 2020, nospam wrote
(in ) :

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../1920/MB-701-4
K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ
that a network error is generated?”

It’s okay here, too. BTW, do drones float? Or do you have a rescue drone
standing by?... And were you comfortable flying that close to the mast early
in the video?

Old July 2nd 20, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jul 2, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../1920/MB-701-4
K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ
that a network error is generated?”

It’s okay here, too.

Great!

BTW, do drones float?

Some do, and some are 100% waterproofhttps://store.swellpro.com/products/spry-sports-drone , but not my MA2 which I will be sticking with.
However, you can buy a somewhat silly pontoon kit that will attach, but those can severely effect flight characteristics, and tests I have seen of such devices do not prevent a dunking, and water damage to the electronics.

Or do you have a rescue drone standing by?

It probably wouldn’t have stayed afloat long enough to get to it.

... And were you comfortable flying that close to the mast early in the video?

I was further away from that mast than it appeared in the video.

Savageduck

Old July 2nd 20, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Lets see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, What could possibly be wrong in NZ that a network error is generated?"

there is no network error in new zealand given that he was able to read
your post and add one of his own, which requires proper operation of
the network.

that leaves only one other possibility.
Old July 2nd 20, 11:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David_B[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Try again - it's well worth watching, Eric.

Old July 2nd 20, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 7/2/20 PDT 8:11 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor...920/MB-701-4K6
0-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Could you please explain how you are so certain, as well as your
definition of "network".

J.

--
I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Old July 3rd 20, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John McWilliams
wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Wor.../1920/MB-701-4
K6
0-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(

Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Could you please explain how you are so certain, as well as your
definition of "network".

he was able to read the post and reply, therefore the network is
functional.
Old July 3rd 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

...and here is the promised Morro Bay video. As I said above, it was shot
at 4K 60fps, ISO100, SS 1/120, with an ND16+CPL filter. Rendered using
iMovie.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XVQXqpV/0/0ad11a2c/1920/MB-701-4K60-1920.mp4

Twice "Video playback aborted due to a network error" :-(
Perhaps you need a better network.

the network is very clearly not the problem.

Let’s see;
Original MA2 recorded mp4 OK.
iMovie rendering OK. SmugMug import & rendering OK.
Folks in California, TN, FL, and a few other places see the linked mp4 OK.

So that leaves us with the question, “What could possibly be wrong in NZ that a network error is generated?"

Well, if Eric is having issues with that particular file, in that particular edit I had slowed it down to 85% of actual speed. So here is the same clip with a bit more, at actual flying speed.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-XLjCMn9/0/1ec33d03/1920/MB-PE1c-1920.mp4

....and if anybody is curious with regard to my flight route, here is the map from the log. My altitude for most of the flight was 135 ft. and total distance flown was 3.04 miles.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-vrVthg5/0/ce0b9580/X4/IMG_4667-X4.jpg

Savageduck