Coolscan 5000 - the last film scanner from Nikon?

Old April 6th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Coolscan 5000 - the last film scanner from Nikon?

I'm about to buy a Coolscan 5000, I've been holding off for 5 years (!)

I didn't want to have to scan my films more than once (about 4000
photos). So I figured I'd wait until I could afford the best scanner.

The 5000 has came down in price in the UK to about £700 so I can about
afford one.

Is their any speculation as to whether this will the the last Nikon
scanner, or whether there will be a new model? I am presuming that any
improvement would be to 5000 dpi which would be nice, although probably
unnecessary with my hand held 200 - 400 ISO shots.

Old April 6th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

I can`t think they would stop making scanners, Im sure it is a fast
growing market. Everyone with film who is going digital as I have now
needs to store old film. They should just get better and cheaper every
year as all electronics do.