WTB low fNumber Projection Lenses

Old March 14th 05, 11:15 PM
Tom Hubin

Default WTB low fNumber Projection Lenses

Hello,

I am looking for low fNumber projection lenses for 35mm and for MF
(medium format) slides. There are many f/3.5 and a few f/3.0 lenses to
choose from but I need something closer to f/2.0.

Any suggestions for a source of low fNumber projection lenses, used or
new? Quantity 2 to 10 so custom design and manufacture is out of the
question.

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

Tom Hubin

Old March 15th 05, 05:24 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Tom Hubin spammed us, saying:

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

You SHOULDN'T have posted to any of the above.
Selling and buying is done in the marketplace groups.

As if you didn't know...

Old March 15th 05, 08:57 PM
Tom Hubin

Q.G. de Bakker wrote:

Tom Hubin spammed us, saying:

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

You SHOULDN'T have posted to any of the above.
Selling and buying is done in the marketplace groups.

As if you didn't know...

************************************

Hello Q.G. de Bakker,

Thanx for taking the time to respond to my inquiry.

I am sorry if my request regarding medium format projection lenses
offends you. I included WTB in the subject line to indicate that I am
not looking for a handout. I need a well matched pair of medium format
projection lenses with low fNumber for a personal project. I expect that
I will need to acquire several to make a matched pair.

You suggested posting my inquiry to a marketplace group. I have no
knowledge of these. Please point me to any that are appropriate for
finding medium format projection lenses.

Tom Hubin

Old March 15th 05, 09:24 PM
Q.G. de Bakker

Tom Hubin wrote:

I am sorry if my request regarding medium format projection lenses
offends you. I included WTB in the subject line [...]

Indeed.
Sow what?

You suggested posting my inquiry to a marketplace group. I have no
knowledge of these. Please point me to any that are appropriate for
finding medium format projection lenses.

Yeah right... You can find all those groups you listed, but...
Are you telling us you are a complete idiot?

Old March 16th 05, 07:32 AM
zeitgeist

"Tom Hubin" wrote in message
Hello,

I am looking for low fNumber projection lenses for 35mm and for MF
(medium format) slides. There are many f/3.5 and a few f/3.0 lenses to
choose from but I need something closer to f/2.0.

Any suggestions for a source of low fNumber projection lenses, used or
new? Quantity 2 to 10 so custom design and manufacture is out of the
question.

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

just search ebay under lenses other

Old March 16th 05, 08:54 AM
Bob Salomon

"zeitgeist" wrote:

"Tom Hubin" wrote in message
Hello,

I am looking for low fNumber projection lenses for 35mm and for MF
(medium format) slides. There are many f/3.5 and a few f/3.0 lenses to
choose from but I need something closer to f/2.0.

Any suggestions for a source of low fNumber projection lenses, used or
new? Quantity 2 to 10 so custom design and manufacture is out of the
question.

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

just search ebay under lenses other

150mm Schneider AV Xenotar 2.8 lenses for up to 6x6.
159mm Rollei AV Heidosmat 2.8 lenses for 6x6 cm.

--
To reply no_ HPMarketing Corp.
Old March 17th 05, 06:12 PM
BC

Tom Hubin wrote:
Hello,

I am looking for low fNumber projection lenses for 35mm and for MF
(medium format) slides. There are many f/3.5 and a few f/3.0 lenses

choose from but I need something closer to f/2.0.

Any suggestions for a source of low fNumber projection lenses, used

or
new? Quantity 2 to 10 so custom design and manufacture is out of the
question.

I have posted to the lists below. Is there any other list to which I
should post my query?

sci.optics
rec.photo.misc
rec.photo.equipment.misc
rec.photo.equipment.35mm
rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
rec.photo.film+labs

Tom Hubin

Cinema projection lenses as fast as f/2 are very common. You have to
be careful about format size, since cine formats are smaller than still
formats. Try this site for starters:
http://www.schneideroptics.com/proje...ma_projection/

Brian
www.caldwellphotographic.com