Problem With Photo Numbering

Old January 3rd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Problem With Photo Numbering

I have a Fuji Finepix 3800 with which I am very satisifed as it takes excellent
photos. Howevedr, the only problem is that when I insert a new memory disk,
it begions numbering the photos on the new disk with the same numbers as on
the old disk begining with dscf 0001. This presents a problem when I want to
download multiple disks into the same folder on my PC. I know I can easily
create new folders, but I prefer to keep each batch of trip photos in the same file
folder.

I wonder if there is any way to either get the camera to number all phjotos
sequentially or to renumber the photos sequentially easily without having to
change the name of each file individually? I would appreciate any suggests.
Please send to:

Tony
Old January 3rd 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

tc wrote:
I have a Fuji Finepix 3800 with which I am very satisifed as it takes
excellent photos. Howevedr, the only problem is that when I insert
a new memory disk,
it begions numbering the photos on the new disk with the same numbers
as on
the old disk begining with dscf 0001. This presents a problem when I
want to download multiple disks into the same folder on my PC. I
know I can easily create new folders, but I prefer to keep each batch
of trip photos in the same file folder.

I wonder if there is any way to either get the camera to number all
phjotos sequentially or to renumber the photos sequentially easily
without having to change the name of each file individually? I would
appreciate any suggests. Please send to:

Tony

You could try PIE (Picture Information Extractor) from:

http://www.picmeta.com/

You may also be able to set an option on your camera to number pictures
sequentially when changing cards - check the manual.

David

Old January 3rd 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

David J Taylor wrote:
tc wrote:

[...]

I had this problem with a Minolta Dimage-X, and found no solution. After
losing (overwriting) a few batches of pix I learnt to upload each card
to a separate folder, and then rename as appropriate. I currently use a
KM Dimage Z5 which has the welcome option to serially number all photos
regardless of the date taken, card used &c.
Old January 3rd 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

In article , peter
writes
David J Taylor wrote:
tc wrote:

I have a Fuji Finepix 3800 with which I am very satisifed as it takes
excellent photos. Howevedr, the only problem is that when I insert
a new memory disk,
it begions numbering the photos on the new disk with the same numbers
as on
the old disk begining with dscf 0001. This presents a problem when I
want to download multiple disks into the same folder on my PC. I
know I can easily create new folders, but I prefer to keep each batch
of trip photos in the same file folder.

I wonder if there is any way to either get the camera to number all
phjotos sequentially or to renumber the photos sequentially easily
without having to change the name of each file individually? I would
appreciate any suggests. Please send to:

Tony

There is a simple answer to this problem which I also experienced with a
Fuji A101 which I use as a pocket camera.

If you use a card reader to upload your pictures MOVE all pictures (say
DSCF0001 to DSCF0099) except the last numbered (say DSCF0100) to your
hard disk folder. Then COPY the last numbered (DSCF0100) to your hard
disk folder leaving the original .jpg file on the flash card.

When you reinsert the card in the camera the next picture taken will be
numbered DSCF0101 and the others will follow in sequence.

If you want to use multiple cards copy a .jpg file from your hard disk
to the additional flash card(s) after renaming with an appropriate
sequence number such as DSCF0200.jpg.

--
David Wright