The Shoot-In

Old August 10th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default The Shoot-In

Wilba wrote:

I don't know what the answer is for SI, but I am getting better at
predicting the level of response to different topics I use in a weekly
challenge. For instance, I get the most responses to things like "Red" and
"Landscape", and the least for things like "Sense of Humour" and "From The
Era Of Your Birth".

One of the problems with the SI IMO (voiced in the past) was mandates
that were a little to abstract or off the wall to a point of not giving
many shooters something to approach.

We're not all artistic geniuses with a bend to taking abstractions to
images. Certainly not me.

I hope over the next few months to provide mandates that are accessible
and that will allow people to shoot well on subjects they can grasp and
approach with several possible entries. (Current mandate is wide open
on subject and encourages up to 3 shots per participant. This to
increase the visual mass and hopefully catalyze the SI).

By the way, while I haven't called for mandates I do invite them for the
next while. Send to si & aliasimages daht com .

If I get enough of them (and nobody is limited to 1) then I may put them
up for discussion and voting before setting a mandate.

What say you all to multiple concurrent mandates in a single SI set?

snipped

My enthusiasm for SI has dropped off with the change to a monthly schedule.
At that rate the priority is too low for me to get fired up about it (and
esoteric mandates don't help).

I'm not crazy about it either. If we manage to drum up enough interest
we could propose a bi-weekly...

Sorry if I keep proposing a lot of mods to the Rulz, however I am trying
to open up the SI to make it more accessible. (As well as posting it
broadly on other groups).

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old August 11th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D-Mac[_6_]

Annika1980 wrote:
On Aug 10, 1:03 pm, Alan Browne
wrote:
Sorry if I keep proposing a lot of mods to the Rulz ...

It ain't exactly a shock to anyone here.

Yeah... A Bloke who once lived near me somehow managed to get a permit
to build his house into the side of a cliff overlooking a picturesque
bay then got himself elected to council and changed the by-laws so no
one else could!

Sound familiar?