Wall Covering to display prints?

Old August 24th 04, 05:02 AM
dperez@juno_nospam.com

Default Wall Covering to display prints?

Once you've got that really good image, and print it, how do you display it?

Yesterday I saw some walls that were covered with a material that velcro sticks
to. They used a regular foamboard mount, put on the mats, and stuck pieces of
velcro on the back. Then just stuck the prints on the wall... This seems like a
great way to display a wall of prints at home. BUT, I can't seem to find the
wall material on the Internet. Does anyone here know what its called, and/or
where I can get it? It wasn't flannel. It SEEMED to have a little depth - kind
of like a really short berber capret although it wasn't carpet...

So, how do folks in here set up their display walls so they can display a lot of
images, and change them easily?

Old August 24th 04, 07:43 AM
zeitgeist

[...]

A speaker at some seminar said his studio/gallery was hung with a gray tone
indoor/outdoor carpet. His display frames had the velcro on them and he
could swap out images between meeting clients. This was important to him
cause he was one of those who displayed only a few 'appropriate' sized
images, one to a wall section. So if the consultation was about young kids
or family, he'd 'toss' up the four or five 24x30's and 30x40's with kids and
small familes, same for weddings, seniors, glamour.

Old August 24th 04, 07:44 AM
gsum

Epson Poster Board.

It has a semi-matte finish and holds loads of detail. It is by far the
cheapest way of getting a large image onto your wall as no frame
is needed. The only problem is that the board is incredibly dense
and even a modelling knife will not cut it easily.

Cost - about 70UK pounds for 10 24x36 inch sheets.

Graham

news

Old August 25th 04, 04:49 AM
dperez@juno_nospam.com

Is the Epson Poster Board what the PRINT is adhered to? Then the board is hung
on the wall? If so, what I'm after is what goes ON THE WALL so I can put velcro
strips on the back of the poster board and then stick it to the wall...

Bob, carpet as in INDOOR/OUTDOOR carpet? That's KIND of what the stuff I saw
looked like but I couldn't believe it was really carpet... I'll have to go over
to the neighborhood Menard's and look at the indoor/outdoor carpeting to see if
this is really whats needed... I'll take a piece of velcro with me and see if
it sticks!

When we added onto our house, I decided to make use of a short hallway as
a photo gallery. I plan on screwing a board to the studs the entire length
of the hall, and hanging the framed prints from the board.

That's what I'm planning - I've got a hallway with a length of wall that my wife
has wanted to use for a gallery for years. Can you explain what you mean by
screwing a board to the studs and hanging prints from that? Are you talking a
wooden board that you then put hangers in and hang the wires from the frames on?