Moderate telephoto zoom for Pentax

Old August 11th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete D

Default Moderate telephoto zoom for Pentax

"Pinaki" wrote in message
I have a Pentax *ist - I want to supplement the kit 18-55 lens with
a longer zoom. I'm considering the DA-50-200/4-5.6 by Pentax.
My needs are fairly moderate - mostly snapshots. Is there any
other consumer zooms I should consider? Other manufacturers?
My budget is quite modest - so I cannot go after the really good
glass. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Pinaki.

I don't have the lens but it is fairly well regarded among those that have
them.

Get onto www.dpreview.com and onto the Pentax SLR forum, plenty of people
there really like it. Personally I have the Sigma DG APO 70-300mm and it is
by all accounts a better lens.

Cheers.

Pete

Old August 11th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Pete D

"Pinaki" wrote in message
On Aug 11, 1:15 am, "Pete D" wrote:
I don't have the lens but it is fairly well regarded among those that
have
them.

Get ontowww.dpreview.comand onto the Pentax SLR forum, plenty of people
there really like it. Personally I have the Sigma DG APO 70-300mm and it
is
by all accounts a better lens.

Thanks, Pete. I also looked at those and placed an order yesterday.
Just saw
your post and thought of reconsidering. But B&H has already shipped
the
lens! Boy, these guys are prompt! Anyway, I'm sure I'll enjoy it just
as much.

Cheers,
Pinaki.

Excellent.

And get over to DP Review Pentax forum, worth the trip.