HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Old December 23rd 04, 11:47 PM
AnOvercomer 02

Default HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays and nothing to be happy about
nor do they honor Christ.
http://www.toolong.com/christmas.htm

Happy Holydays!

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old December 24th 04, 12:55 AM
MarkČ

"AnOvercomer 02" wrote in message

Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays and nothing to be happy about
nor do they honor Christ.
http://www.toolong.com/christmas.htm

Happy Holydays!

Cody,

Once again you have presented yourself as one of those Christians who gives
such a negative impression that you turn people away from Christianity. You
have made the classic mistake of allowing secular rituals the interfere with
the legitimate observance of Christ's birth and resurrection. That he
wasn't born on December 25th is totally irrelevant.

Many of us specifically take time this year to honor the birth of Christ.
Whether you feel compelled to label ALL celebration as pagan is up to you,
and remains your problem.

What do you do this time of year besides muttering to yourself about how
unholy everyone is? -And how does that honor Christ, or draw people to him?

Old December 24th 04, 01:51 AM
Annika1980

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:59:22 -0600, "me" wrote:

Happy Holidays to everyone everywhere! May the new year bring you the very
best of everything! Good Luck, Best Wishes and Peace on Earth to All!

Warm holiday messages from anonymous trolls just seem a little warmer, don't
they?

Old December 24th 04, 03:07 AM
AnOvercomer 02

(Mark=B2) wrote:
Once again you have presented yourself as one of those Christians who
gives such a negative impression that you turn people away from
Christianity.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D

What is negative about quoting facts found in the encyclopedia? What is
negative about exposing paganism?

(Mark=B2) wrote:
You have made the classic mistake of allowing secular rituals the
interfere with the legitimate observance of Christ's birth and
resurrection. That he wasn't born on December 25th is totally
irrelevant.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

You have mistaken documented facts for secular rituals. Why is christmas
observed on December 25th? Could it have anything to do with paganism?

(Mark=B2) wrote:
Many of us specifically take time this year to honor the birth of
Christ. Whether you feel compelled to label ALL celebration as pagan is
up to you, and remains your problem.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I did not "label ALL celebration as pagan", I stated that certain
holidays have pagan origins.

(Mark=B2) wrote:
What do you do this time of year besides muttering to yourself about how
unholy everyone is?
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I have not muttered anything about anyone.
What do you do on Holydays?

http://www.safeco3.net/realaudio/FACTS-08REALAUDIO.ram

http://www.safeco3.net/realaudio/FACTS-24REALAUDIO.ram

Old December 24th 04, 10:44 AM
Chris Loffredo

=============================

What is negative about quoting facts found in the encyclopedia? What is
negative about exposing paganism?

What's wrong with paganism?
Old December 24th 04, 10:46 AM
MarkČ

(MarkČ) wrote:
Once again you have presented yourself as one of those Christians who
gives such a negative impression that you turn people away from
Christianity.
=============================

What is negative about quoting facts found in the encyclopedia? What is
negative about exposing paganism?

-----------

There is just one question you need to answer.

Are you bringing people closer to Christ with your posts, or are they
repelled further from him?

If they are repelled (and I dare say they nearly universally are), then you
are an agent for the OTHER side, whether you mean to be or not.

Think about this.

Old December 24th 04, 12:04 PM
AnOvercomer 02

(Mark=B2) wrote:
There is just one question you need to answer.

Are you bringing people closer to Christ with your posts, or are they
repelled further from him?

If they are repelled (and I dare say they nearly universally are), then
you are an agent for the OTHER side, whether you mean to be or not.

Think about this.
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3 D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D

Jesus said, " No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent
me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." Jhn 6:44
If any are repelled from Christ by the truth, then it is because the
Father does not draw him and he therefore cannot come to Christ.
There were some who turned away from Christ because of the teachings of
the Apostles, were they agents for the other side? I am not trying to
repel anyone from Christ. The subject line concerns holidays and I spoke
the truth concerning holidays. I did not mean to offend anyone but
sometimes the truth is offensive to some people and this particular
truth is offensive to a lot of people, believe me, I know. I
participated in christmas practices for most of my life until I knew the
truth.

Well anyway, You probably won't be seeing me around here very much after
the end of this year, I have been spending too much time reading this
group and need and want to spend more time studying eternal things.
There are some very interesting people here, who share an interest in
photography as I do also, but only 24 hours in a day.