Sony a99 specs

Old August 29th 12, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Sony a99 specs

From two sources.

Apparently will be announced on Sept. 12 / Available in late Oct.

Highlights:
FF 24.3 Mpix
14 bit ADC (finally!)
10 fps (for those who like that sort of thing)
ISO 100 - 25600, 50 with lower DR
HD video (1920x1080:60p w/stereo mic (and jacks))
Dual phase AF
200,000 shutter cycle life guarantee
OLED VF : 2.36 Mpix. (Should be sharp enough)
730 g body.

Lowlight:
No GPS.
With SLT the shutter lag still 50 ms. No different than
the mirror'd units.

As far as I can tell the only things I'd want this for is its lower
noise figure (v my a900; not to be ignored), deeper A/D (goes with
former) and the occasional dabbling in video.

------------------------ leaked spec follows ---------------------

24.3 Mpx Full frame CMOS Exmor sensor
SLT technology
New Bionz imaging engine
14 bit RAW recording
10 fps
ISO 100 up to 25.600
50 ISO extended (with lower dynamic range)
102 AF point AF (11 cross).
AF range
MF assist
Dual Phase detection system (with AF phase pixels on sensor)
30 sec and 1/8000 maximum shutter speed
Time Lag 0.05 sec.
Shutter life guarantee of 200,000 cycles
2.360k OLED electornic viewfinder
3″921k LCD with same tilting system of the A77
Full HD video recording at 1920×1080/60p AVCHD format
HDMI output
Built-in stereo mic
Built-in flash with guide number of 12
Auto HDR capability
New multi-segment low pass filter
Photodiode expansion technology
Light concentration technology
Selective noise reduction
Ultrasonic anti dust system
In body image stabilization
Two memory slots: SD and SD+MS cards
USB: 2.0
Announced on September 12, 2012
Available in stores in late October 2012
New accessories to be released with the a99: battery grip, flash, remote
control, microphone etc.
Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body.With 730 g this is the
lightest FF body on market!

Old August 30th 12, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:12:26 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

From two sources.

[...]

Looking forward to this cam. I don't really care for Canon's latest
offerings, and may be tempted to switch.

IF...
Old August 30th 12, 02:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:
On Wed, 29 Aug 2012 18:12:26 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

From two sources.

Apparently will be announced on Sept. 12 / Available in late Oct.

Highlights:
FF 24.3 Mpix
14 bit ADC (finally!)
10 fps (for those who like that sort of thing)
ISO 100 - 25600, 50 with lower DR
HD video (1920x1080:60p w/stereo mic (and jacks))
Dual phase AF
200,000 shutter cycle life guarantee
OLED VF : 2.36 Mpix. (Should be sharp enough)
730 g body.

Lowlight:
No GPS.
With SLT the shutter lag still 50 ms. No different than
the mirror'd units.

As far as I can tell the only things I'd want this for is its lower
noise figure (v my a900; not to be ignored), deeper A/D (goes with
former) and the occasional dabbling in video.

------------------------ leaked spec follows ---------------------

snip
Very light, weather sealed magnesium alloy body.With 730 g this is the
lightest FF body on market!

Looking forward to this cam. I don't really care for Canon's latest
offerings, and may be tempted to switch.

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.
Old August 30th 12, 11:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
R. Mark Clayton

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:

SNIP

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

It is if you already have it!

Old August 30th 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012.08.30 06:15 , R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:

SNIP

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

It is if you already have it!

I don't think Bowser does - I may be wrong.

I have 6 Minolta/Sony lenses (all FF compatible and most excellent).

I still lust after a few more, but I'm pretty well covered as is.

Old August 31st 12, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:00:23 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2012.08.30 06:15 , R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:

SNIP

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

It is if you already have it!

I don't think Bowser does - I may be wrong.

I have 6 Minolta/Sony lenses (all FF compatible and most excellent).

I still lust after a few more, but I'm pretty well covered as is.

I'm curious, what glass do you own?

I have lots of Nikon and Sigma but mostly cheapees, the 2 lenses I have that are
good are a 105mm f2.8 VR macro and a 16-35mm f4 VR, both FF.

I don't have an FF camera anymore but will get one, and then I plan on getting
the 24-70mm f2.8 and maybe the 70-200mm f2.8.

Old August 31st 12, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Me

wrote:

On 2012.08.30 06:15 , R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:
SNIP

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

It is if you already have it!

I don't think Bowser does - I may be wrong.

I have 6 Minolta/Sony lenses (all FF compatible and most excellent).

I still lust after a few more, but I'm pretty well covered as is.

I'm curious, what glass do you own?

I have lots of Nikon and Sigma but mostly cheapees, the 2 lenses I have that are
good are a 105mm f2.8 VR macro and a 16-35mm f4 VR, both FF.

I don't have an FF camera anymore but will get one, and then I plan on getting
the 24-70mm f2.8 and maybe the 70-200mm f2.8.

Aren't you referring to Nikon lenses?
Wait a couple of weeks, Nikon will release the "D600".
This is rumoured to have 24.5mp FX sensor - possibly the same as the one
used in the Sony a99 - but a "serious amateur" feature set more similar
to the Nikon D7000 than the more pro-featured D300/700/800 range. If
the rumour is correct that the price will be below US$2,000, I expect
that the only problem may be keeping up supply - these will be out of
Nikon Thailand plant, not Japan - unlike all of Nikon's other FX models.
Old August 31st 12, 04:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Alan Browne wrote in
:

From two sources.

Apparently will be announced on Sept. 12 / Available in late Oct.

Highlights:
FF 24.3 Mpix
14 bit ADC (finally!)
10 fps (for those who like that sort of thing)
ISO 100 - 25600, 50 with lower DR

Lightest FF body is intriguing.
Old August 31st 12, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Bowser

wrote:

On 2012.08.30 06:15 , R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Alan Browne" wrote in message
On 2012.08.29 19:59 , Bowser wrote:

SNIP

IF...

Then again you want the glass that makes it look best - and that ain't
cheap.

It is if you already have it!

I don't think Bowser does - I may be wrong.

I don't, but switching isn't out of the question. However, the case
would have to be pretty compelling to get me out of Canon.