Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?"

Old August 13th 12, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Erica Svenson

Default Has the "blurred water time-exposure" shot run its "course?"

On 2012-08-13 05:48 , Bruce wrote:

Alan Browne's comments, given that they come from someone whose
"photography" is overly dictated by overdone themes, are more than a
bit rich, Rich. ;-)

How "rich" do you have to be to get a print of one of these original
jewels?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/all6e7aqk8zs8vt/TP%20TEAC.jpg
-by Tony Polson, posted to photo.net

(When ordering the above print please reference:
"Obsolete stereo on wrinkled bedsheets #43 by Tony Polson" and specify
print size).

And VALUE ALERT FOR OUR BEST CUSTOMERS!

Still available in unlimited quantities! (Write to ask for your
special low, low, low (LOW!) price. We gotta clear these prints!)

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000a.jpg
-by Tony Polson

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000b.jpg
-by Tony Polson

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000c.jpg
-by Tony Polson

http://abpr.railfan.net/abprphoto.cg...-98/d9000d.jpg
-by Tony Polson

No thank you.

Where can I order re-prints of the Tony Polson Paris Match cover?

--
"Every day is a good day when you run." Kevin Nelson
Old August 13th 12, 10:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Old August 14th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 8/13/2012 5:19 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
On 2012-08-13 05:48 , Bruce wrote:

[...]

Would they comply with the rulz if entered in the current SI as rail road?

--
Peter
Old August 14th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On 2012-08-13 17:19 , Alan Browne wrote:
On 2012-08-13 05:48 , Bruce wrote:

[...]

I too once had photos on the cover of Paris Match, but I picked them up and put
them back in the album so they wouldn't get dusty...

BA-da-BOOM!
Old August 14th 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-08-13 17:19 , Alan Browne wrote:
On 2012-08-13 05:48 , Bruce wrote:

[...]

;-) for giving Tony a way out.

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.
Old August 14th 12, 08:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-13 14:12:28 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-08-12 21:39 , Dudley Hanks wrote:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/14/w...os_ver=5.1.3.0

Amateur!

really

get high $/snapshot you need this:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/11/...-in-the-world/

Of

course

with a little photoshopping, maybe it is worth all that:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/therblig/now-its-worth-ra1z-nwq

Add a truck and Floyd would call it a fine example of Street Photography". ;-)

I didn't have a truck. Try this for size.
http://db.tt/IvfCHglY

Savageduck

Old August 14th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-14 12:20:11 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:01:11 -0700, Savageduck

On 2012-08-13 14:12:28 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-08-12 21:39 , Dudley Hanks wrote:

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/14/w...os_ver=5.1.3.0

Amateur!

really

get

high $/snapshot you need this:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/11/11/...-in-the-world/

Of

course

with

a little photoshopping, maybe it is worth all that:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/therblig/now-its-worth-ra1z-nwq

Add a truck and Floyd would call it a fine example of Street Photography". ;-)

I didn't have a truck. Try this for size.
http://db.tt/IvfCHglY

What is the double patch up at the top?

That is what made it "art" in the original "Rhein II" shot and
manipulated by Andreas Gursky in 1999. He removed dog-walkers and a
factory building, added the patch, and claimed that as it was his
vision of the Rhine which could not be viewed in situ, and due to its
massive size 143''x73'' it was art.

Savageduck

Old August 15th 12, 01:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Trevor[_2_]

"Savageduck" wrote in message
That is what made it "art" in the original "Rhein II" shot and manipulated
by Andreas Gursky in 1999. He removed dog-walkers and a factory building,
added the patch, and claimed that as it was his vision of the Rhine which
could not be viewed in situ, and due to its massive size 143''x73'' it was
art.

Of course it's art regardless, but getting someone to pay $millions for it,
now *THAT'S* an art!!!

Trevor.

Old August 15th 12, 01:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-14 17:33:13 -0700, "Trevor" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
That is what made it "art" in the original "Rhein II" shot and manipulated
by Andreas Gursky in 1999. He removed dog-walkers and a factory building,
added the patch, and claimed that as it was his vision of the Rhine which
could not be viewed in situ, and due to its massive size 143''x73'' it was
art.

Of course it's art regardless, but getting someone to pay $millions for it,
now *THAT'S* an art!!!

Trevor.

Certainly a self promotional talent I would love to develop. ;-)

Savageduck

Old August 15th 12, 02:39 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 8/14/2012 8:33 PM, Trevor wrote:
"Savageduck" wrote in message
That is what made it "art" in the original "Rhein II" shot and manipulated
by Andreas Gursky in 1999. He removed dog-walkers and a factory building,
added the patch, and claimed that as it was his vision of the Rhine which
could not be viewed in situ, and due to its massive size 143''x73'' it was
art.

Of course it's art regardless, but getting someone to pay $millions for it,
now *THAT'S* an art!!!

Trevor.

One can safely say his agent was crafty.

--
Peter