[SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

Old August 14th 12, 12:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

On 2012-08-13 15:28:00 -0700, tony cooper said:

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012 17:25:09 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-08-13 01:23 , Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 18:28:59 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

Here's a Dropbox link to an image of mine so you can test it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tahkdxrkv...user%20Ave.jpg

The file name is 1418 Clouser Ave. Why did I pick this subject to
photograph at this time?

I have a sneaking suspicion it might have something to do with that
notice taped to the front door.

Savageduck

Old August 14th 12, 12:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

I've just tried it and all is OK now. I don't really know what was
going on previously.

Eric Stevens
Old August 14th 12, 12:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

Here's a Dropbox link to an image of mine so you can test it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tahkdxrkv...user%20Ave.jpg

The file name is 1418 Clouser Ave. Why did I pick this subject to
photograph at this time?

Chrome/Google search filled in the city and state even before beginning
the actual search. Very appropriate but I assume you'll have something
different by Sunday night?

--
"C'mon boys, you're not laying pipe!".
-John Keating.
Old August 14th 12, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

Here's a Dropbox link to an image of mine so you can test it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tahkdxrkv...user%20Ave.jpg

The file name is 1418 Clouser Ave. Why did I pick this subject to
photograph at this time?

That's fine. No problem.

Eric Stevens
Old August 14th 12, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Eric Stevens

wrote:

[...]

Or the one in the garden?

Eric Stevens
Old August 14th 12, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:

I didn't supply the link, but I can view that image via that link,
download it and all there is is the image. (Not that one would want to
see it again).

It could be McAfee distrusts dropbox (there was a security breach there
recently).

Its not the Drop Box conection, I've been using that quite a lot in
both directions with no problems. It looked like the standard McAfee
reaction to being directed to a suspicious site.

Does it still do it? Can you provide the links or a screenshot of what
happens? I'm very interested in this.

Here's a Dropbox link to an image of mine so you can test it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tahkdxrkv...user%20Ave.jpg

The file name is 1418 Clouser Ave. Why did I pick this subject to
photograph at this time?

.... what is strange however, is that this (different) house also pops up:

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Florida/...lando-FL-32804
The description doesn't match either.

Old August 14th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

There is always the possibility that the same street name exists in
more than one city. Keep going.

See my other post. I know what you're referring to. It was just odd
that this real estate add with a map pointing to the house in your photo
shows a different house. One that can't match the description.

Old August 14th 12, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Naah! The one in the garden is just a security company sign.

Savageduck

Old August 14th 12, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Alan Browne

wrote:

[...]

The real estate ad has the wrong photo attached. My photo is the
correct photo for the address. Wiki incorrectly lists the address in
Winter Park, Florida.

Bums involved here.

I still need no hints.