D100 Mirrror lockup

Old June 30th 04, 09:59 PM
John

Default D100 Mirrror lockup

New D100 and I have been trying to access 'Mirror Lock-up' feature but it
appears grayed out in menu. Is there something I am missing that allows this
do clean CCD?

TIA for any assistance.

John

Old June 30th 04, 10:13 PM
Phil Wheeler

You may need to be in P or some particular mode to make it available.
Check the manual.

Phil

Old June 30th 04, 10:59 PM
John

Phil Wheeler wrote:
You may need to be in P or some particular mode to make it available.
Check the manual.

Thanks for the response. I just found out that you need to buy an AC
adapter I guess. The other way is to be in manual and set to 'Bulb' and
clean that way. Worked and is not in the Manuel so all is well.

Thanks

John

Old June 30th 04, 11:49 PM
M Barnes

John wrote:

... I just found out that you need to buy an AC
adapter I guess. The other way is to be in manual
and set to 'Bulb' and clean that way. Worked and
is not in the Manuel so all is well.

The inside front cover has a statement labeled:
"CAUTION: Foreign Matter on the CCD."
This statement refers you to pages 186-187,
where a section exists that is labeled: "The
Low-Pass Filter." This section explains in
detail how to clean the CCD, and does
mention the need for the EH-5 AC adapter.

Old July 1st 04, 01:21 AM
John

"M Barnes" wrote in message
John wrote:

... I just found out that you need to buy an AC
adapter I guess. The other way is to be in manual
and set to 'Bulb' and clean that way. Worked and
is not in the Manuel so all is well.

The inside front cover has a statement labeled:
"CAUTION: Foreign Matter on the CCD."
This statement refers you to pages 186-187,
where a section exists that is labeled: "The
Low-Pass Filter." This section explains in
detail how to clean the CCD, and does
mention the need for the EH-5 AC adapter.

Thank you Mr. Barnes. I will be ordering the adapter right away. I did
mange to blow out some dust in the manner I mentioned. Worked very well
until I can do what is mentioned in the manual.

John

Old July 1st 04, 01:34 AM
M Barnes

John wrote:
M Barnes wrote:
John wrote:

... I just found out that you need to buy an AC
adapter I guess. The other way is to be in manual
and set to 'Bulb' and clean that way. Worked and
is not in the Manuel so all is well.

The inside front cover has a statement labeled:
"CAUTION: Foreign Matter on the CCD."
This statement refers you to pages 186-187,
where a section exists that is labeled: "The
Low-Pass Filter." This section explains in
detail how to clean the CCD, and does
mention the need for the EH-5 AC adapter.

Thank you Mr. Barnes. I will be ordering the adapter
right away. I did mange to blow out some dust in the
manner I mentioned. Worked very well until I can do
what is mentioned in the manual.

I mis-read what you wrote above. I thought you
said CCD cleaning wasn't mentioned, but I see
you mean that the Manual-Bulb method you
cite isn't mentioned. I'll add a note to my book.
Thanks.