Comparasion shots between Canon EF 200f2.8 & 70-200f4

Old September 6th 04, 03:09 PM

Default Comparasion shots between Canon EF 200f2.8 & 70-200f4

Comparasion shots can be found he
http://emedia.leeward.hawaii.edu/fra...n_ef200usm.htm

Cody,

http://www.newswatchmagazine.org/wee...itor/index.htm

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old September 6th 04, 06:08 PM

It appears to me on my low resolution TV that the EF 200 f2.8L is far
superior to the 70-200 f4L at 200mm, which, from what I have read is
supposed to be the sharpest of the 70-200 EF zooms, yet I have read
several statements that the 70-200 L series lenses are as sharp as
primes. I reckon a person should be careful what they believe.

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old September 6th 04, 08:47 PM
Martin Francis

wrote in message

It appears to me on my low resolution TV that the EF 200 f2.8L is far
superior to the 70-200 f4L at 200mm, which, from what I have read is
supposed to be the sharpest of the 70-200 EF zooms, yet I have read
several statements that the 70-200 L series lenses are as sharp as
primes. I reckon a person should be careful what they believe.

Not saying I disagree- I don't- but don't you think a test at the same
f/stop would have been more fair?

no, and yes...."

Old September 6th 04, 10:58 PM

--
Martin Francis http://www.sixbysix.co.uk "Go not to Usenet for counsel,
for it will say both no, and yes, and no, and yes...."

I forgot to mention that I did not do this test myself, and yes I agree
with you that it would have been more fair to do the test with the
lenses at the same aperture, but don't the zoom being shot at closer to
f8 give the zoom the advantage?

Cody,

http://community-2.webtv.net/AnOverc...otographyLinks

Old September 7th 04, 01:19 AM
Matt Clara

I forgot to mention that I did not do this test myself, and yes I agree
with you that it would have been more fair to do the test with the
lenses at the same aperture, but don't the zoom being shot at closer to
f8 give the zoom the advantage?

Cody,

How so? That puts both lenses at their best (in most cases).
Let the best lens win!?

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com