[SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

Old August 10th 12, 02:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_2_]

Default [SI] Rulz proposal on Commentz

On 8/9/2012 8:41 PM, SI Committee wrote:
WHEREAS The Committee, has been reading recent chatter in these
newsgroups regarding commentz that follow each SI round with great
interest.

WHEREAS The Committee, wishing to improve the SI and make it an
agreeable experience for participantz and lurkerz;

WHEREAS The Committee believes that commentz are and integral part of
the SI experience;

WHEREAS The Committee always seeks the opinions, inputs and general
consent of the participants before making major rulz changes;

NOW THEREFORE The Committee puts to you the following proposed Rul:

"Comments are to be submitted by e-mail to the SI admin in
the 5 days following the posting of the images for that round.

Comments shall not be posted in the usenet groups where the SI
is normally discussed (distribution above) by the commentatorz.

The SI admin shall not read the commentz.

The SI Admin will then post all of the commentz at the same
time on the 6th day following the posting of the images. And
such to be a separate post for each commentator."

The Committee looks forward to your comments on the above proposal and
seeks - in the case of favourable reaction - to implement such a rul
change on time for the next image posting for the "On the Road" mandate.

While I don't think you would do it, the opportunity for monitoring, and
censorship, is presented.
If I'm pressed for time, I am denied the chance to piggyback.
Therefore, I may or may not ignore that rule if adopted.

--

PeterN
Old August 10th 12, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-09 18:29:28 -0700, PeterN said:

On 8/9/2012 8:41 PM, SI Committee wrote:

The Committee looks forward to your comments on the above proposal and
seeks - in the case of favourable reaction - to implement such a rul
change on time for the next image posting for the "On the Road" mandate.

While I don't think you would do it, the opportunity for monitoring,
and censorship, is presented.
If I'm pressed for time, I am denied the chance to piggyback.
Therefore, I may or may not ignore that rule if adopted.

What exactly do you mean by "the chance to piggyback"?

I suspect I know what you mean, and I can only hope you mean something
other than that which resembles my suspicions. So I will refrain from
further comment until you explain.

Savageduck

Old August 10th 12, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Frank S

Old August 10th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 2012-08-09 18:29:28 -0700, PeterN said:

On 8/9/2012 8:41 PM, SI Committee wrote:

The Committee looks forward to your comments on the above proposal and
seeks - in the case of favourable reaction - to implement such a rul
change on time for the next image posting for the "On the Road" mandate.

While I don't think you would do it, the opportunity for monitoring,
and censorship, is presented.
If I'm pressed for time, I am denied the chance to piggyback.
Therefore, I may or may not ignore that rule if adopted.

What exactly do you mean by "the chance to piggyback"?

I suspect I know what you mean, and I can only hope you mean something
other than that which resembles my suspicions. So I will refrain from
further comment until you explain.

Sometimes I am pressed for time, so I use anther's comments as a means
for not listing names. I do this after looking at the image, and forming
my own opinion. i.e. I use the comments as a template to avoid resisting
names and photos.

--
Peter
Old August 10th 12, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2012-08-09 18:29:28 -0700, PeterN said:

[...]

Who is this "Anther" guy?
....and why would you "resist" names and photos?

Your technique does seem to be a tad parasitic though.

Savageduck

Old August 10th 12, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN

On 2012-08-09 18:29:28 -0700, PeterN
said:

[...]

Dyslexic fingers coupled with waiting for computer glasses to be
repaired, at work.

Your technique does seem to be a tad parasitic though.

Just sometimes lazy

--
Peter