What the f--- is this doing on Amazon??

Old August 5th 12, 02:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default What the f--- is this doing on Amazon??

On 2012-07-31 17:17 , RichA wrote:
Are they insane?

http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-D7000-Acc...9262&s r=1-14

Another "whoosh" moment for Rich.

The "package" is not offered by Amazon, merely through it.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.
Old August 6th 12, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chemiker

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 09:08:58 -0400, Alan Browne

On 2012-07-31 17:17 , RichA wrote:
Are they insane?

http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-D7000-Acc...9262&s r=1-14

Another "whoosh" moment for Rich.

The "package" is not offered by Amazon, merely through it.

I did not find that exact package at the actual seller site (Amazon
only handled the marketing and billing), but I did find that D7000
with a different kit lens, and it was about $1600. I could see the
vendor asking a rather pricey $1999 Canadian, but that $9999 still
lmakes no sense.

Alex, wondering why no one has emailed the vendor...... too obvious?
Old August 6th 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Chemiker

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 06:21:20 -0400, John A.

On 2012-07-31 17:17 , RichA wrote:
Are they insane?

http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-D7000-Acc...9262&s r=1-14

Another "whoosh" moment for Rich.

The "package" is not offered by Amazon, merely through it.

I did not find that exact package at the actual seller site (Amazon
only handled the marketing and billing), but I did find that D7000
with a different kit lens, and it was about $1600. I could see the
vendor asking a rather pricey $1999 Canadian, but that $9999 still
lmakes no sense.

Alex, wondering why no one has emailed the vendor...... too obvious?

It's probably there as a test item, or as a placeholder for an item
they are anticipating offering, but don't yet, but want to get indexed
in the search engines sooner rather than later.

It's kinda like when new gas stations put their prices at $9.99 until
they first open or when existing ones do it when they're out of gas.
(Except on Amazon there's always the chance, if a slim one, that some
ignorant customer with more money than sense might just come along and
order the thing at the placeholder price.)

d'accord.

Alex
Old August 7th 12, 12:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
PeterN

On 2012-07-31 17:17 , RichA wrote:
Are they insane?

[...]

You live in an expensive area. Around here gas is $1.99, when its out of
stock.

--
Peter
Old August 7th 12, 11:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Wolfgang Weisselberg

PeterN wrote:
On 8/6/2012 6:21 AM, John A. wrote:

It's kinda like when new gas stations put their prices at $9.99 until
they first open or when existing ones do it when they're out of gas.
(Except on Amazon there's always the chance, if a slim one, that some
ignorant customer with more money than sense might just come along and
order the thing at the placeholder price.)

You live in an expensive area. Around here gas is $1.99, when its out of
stock.

Around here it's around $1.99 (per litre, not per gallon), when
it's in stock. Haven't seen it out of stock except for when they
recently introduced E10 --- they changed the signs very early.

-Wolfgang
Old August 9th 12, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

On 2012-08-09 12:56 , Usenet Account wrote:

For the USA readers, that is $7.56 a US Gallon, or $8.95 an Imperial
Gallon (UK). In Canada gas locally is CAD $1.29 (USD $1.27) litre (USD
$4.86 US Gallon)

Over generalized. And at present the CAD is over the USD (pretty much
par). The Brits use litres for gasoline not imp. gallons.

I paid as little as $3.49 / US gallon last week in MA or a measly 93
cts/litre (60 pence / litre).

Usually the posted price per litre in Canada is about the same as in the UK.

Except of course the British pound is worth more so the actual cost is
higher (CAD$1.55 / £).