Which point-and-shoot camera is the best ?

Old August 16th 07, 11:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ericsson

Default Which point-and-shoot camera is the best ?

I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca. www.pixideal.ca They really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

Old August 16th 07, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rich

On Aug 16, 6:32 pm, Ericsson wrote:
I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca.www.pixideal.caThey really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

Moron. I thought you said Kodak garbage was the best?

Old August 17th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:32:46 -0700, Ericsson wrote:

I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca. www.pixideal.ca They really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

Best for what? My criteria included portability, high magnification for
wildlife photos, ability to save as raw as well as jpg. For me, the best
solution was the Kodak P850 - YMMV.

Old August 17th 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Ericsson wrote:
I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca. www.pixideal.ca They really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

What is 'best' is mostly dependent on what your own needs, and desires
are. I don't see how you can be disappointed in your choice, however,
unless your expectations are downright unreasonable.
Old August 17th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Rich wrote:
On Aug 16, 6:32 pm, Ericsson wrote:
I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca.www.pixideal.caThey really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

Moron. I thought you said Kodak garbage was the best?

Some of us have open minds about our product selections, rather than
parroting the opinions of others, or rejecting an option due to elitist
posturing.
He selected what he thought would do the best job for him, at the best
price. I can't fault that.
Old August 17th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:52:22 -0700, Rich wrote:

On Aug 16, 6:32 pm, Ericsson wrote:
I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide which one
but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm going to get it at
Pixideal.ca.www.pixideal.caThey really have the best price in Canada
and they also offre free shipping.

Chuck

Moron. I thought you said Kodak garbage was the best?

As a matter of fact, a Kodak P850 was the best choice for me last fall - I
am completely satisfied. BTW - this is my second Kodak digital camera - I
still have the 1mp DC210+ I bought quite a number of years ago - and it
still takes fine pictures.

Old August 17th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Rob-L

That was spam in disguise.

-------*

Old August 17th 07, 01:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Ericsson added these comments in the current discussion du jour

I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide
which one but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm
going to get it at Pixideal.ca. www.pixideal.ca They really
have the best price in Canada and they also offre free
shipping.

Chuck

What criteria do you want people to use to judge what only you
know, which is "what is best?". Best as in cheapest, best as in
smallest, best as in most megapixels, best as in most features,
best as in image quality, best in what? There are literally
hundreds of digitals on the market from ultra-compacts to pro-grade
DSLRs. You'll have to provide at least some hint of what you're
trying to do, what your budget is, and what constraints are driving
your purchase decision.

--
HP, aka Jerry
Old August 17th 07, 08:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
GregS

In article , "HEMI-Powered" wrote:
Ericsson added these comments in the current discussion du jour

I've been searching so far to every models. I can't decide
which one but I really like the Canon A710 IS. I think I'm
going to get it at Pixideal.ca. www.pixideal.ca They really
have the best price in Canada and they also offre free
shipping.

Chuck

What criteria do you want people to use to judge what only you
know, which is "what is best?". Best as in cheapest, best as in
smallest, best as in most megapixels, best as in most features,
best as in image quality, best in what?

Probably everything

I guess tow main creteria, physical size, and price, performance comes in
third.

When I shopped for my last camera, I wanted a fairly small, medium priced,
high resolution. I always use Imaging Resource website to look at the
resolution tests using pictures and templates. You can see exactly what camera
has better resolution. I don't know of other websites that offer this.
Well, I bought my Minolta F300 several years ago. There were not much better
PS cameras around back then. I was satisfied.

I still use my Canon A20 often, especially with the wide adaptor.

greg

Old August 17th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Thomas T. Veldhouse

ray wrote:

As a matter of fact, a Kodak P850 was the best choice for me last fall - I
am completely satisfied. BTW - this is my second Kodak digital camera - I
still have the 1mp DC210+ I bought quite a number of years ago - and it
still takes fine pictures.

I love how the lens extends every time you power the LCD ;-) In all honesty,
we actually liked our 3MP Kodak, which was our first digital camera [which has
since bit the dust ... unknown electronic issues with the cpu or firmware].

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from the
machinations of the wicked.