Great Photo Printer

Old January 28th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

Default Great Photo Printer

In article ,
LuvLatins wrote:

Also as a follow-up to my question about photo printing, what is one
of the best photo printers. Ink Jet, Laser what is the best or what
are the ones considered very good photo printers

That depends on your definition of "best" and your budget. I haven't
compared all the available printers, but I am happy with my Epson R1800.
Old January 28th 07, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LuvLatins

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:22:10 -0500, Shawn Hirn

LuvLatins wrote:

Also as a follow-up to my question about photo printing, what is one
of the best photo printers. Ink Jet, Laser what is the best or what
are the ones considered very good photo printers

That depends on your definition of "best" and your budget. I haven't
compared all the available printers, but I am happy with my Epson R1800.

Thanks for all this great advise. I am having a custom profile made
for my current canon MP830 but its a multi purpose printer and I doubt
it will apporach my desires. I think I will save my pennies for one
of the epsons sited here R800 R1800 and R2400

Since I dont do a lot of black and white, I am leaning toward the
R1800 looks amazing. How do you R1800 owners feel ?
Old January 29th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Paul D. Sullivan wrote:
I had thought standard 4 color lasers are just not good for
photos?

Frankly I thought that as well. What I found was they are good. I
would not say my laser is better or even as good as the better InkJets, but
it is not bad. It fulfills my basic needs and as I said, for the few times
I want better, I can use a commercial service that is better than the
inkjets I have had.

edited, for brevity

Hello, Joseph:

You must be a master of understatement. g Frankly, where anything
approaching photo-quality output is concerned, inkjets absolutely blow
away lasers; the latter are quite adequate (and even superior), for most
other tasks.

Cordially,
John Turco
Old January 29th 07, 12:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

John Turco wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Paul D. Sullivan wrote:
I had thought standard 4 color lasers are just not good for
photos?

Frankly I thought that as well. What I found was they are good.
I would not say my laser is better or even as good as the better
InkJets, but it is not bad. It fulfills my basic needs and as I
said, for the few times I want better, I can use a commercial
service that is better than the inkjets I have had.

edited, for brevity

Hello, Joseph:

You must be a master of understatement. g Frankly, where anything
approaching photo-quality output is concerned, inkjets absolutely blow
away lasers; the latter are quite adequate (and even superior), for
most other tasks.

I just suggest that anyone who is trying to make a decision, should
consider all the options. It is not difficult to find actual examples of the
output of most printers. Usually you can get samples printed at the store
selling the printers. Of course the samples have been optimized and should
be considered the highest likely quality possible in each case.

Don't be surprised that if you are looking for a sample inkjet printed
while you are there at a not so busy store than they may need to run a
cleaning cycle or two before you get anything close to acceptable. :-)

Cordially,
John Turco

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Old January 31st 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Joseph Meehan wrote:

John Turco wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Paul D. Sullivan wrote:
[...]

Oh, I have seen such examples, and was thoroughly unimpressed with
them; they looked like crayon drawings, to me. :-P

Don't be surprised that if you are looking for a sample inkjet printed
while you are there at a not so busy store than they may need to run a
cleaning cycle or two before you get anything close to acceptable. :-)

My own bitter experience has made me all too familiar, with that
particular scene. g

Cordially,
John Turco
Old January 31st 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul D. Sullivan

Seems like my Epson inkjets have always needed cleaning cycles,
but the Canon's don't need nearly as many.

Old January 31st 07, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

Paul D. Sullivan wrote:
Seems like my Epson inkjets have always needed cleaning cycles,
but the Canon's don't need nearly as many.

It does seem to be different for different models. I have had both
Canon and Epson Inkjets and I have not really seen any advantage of one
brand over the other.

Old February 2nd 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

"Paul D. Sullivan" wrote:

Joseph Meehan wrote:

John Turco wrote:

Don't be surprised that if you are looking for a sample
inkjet printed while you are there at a not so busy store
than they may need to run a cleaning cycle or two before you
get anything close to acceptable. :-)

My own bitter experience has made me all too familiar, with
that particular scene. g

Seems like my Epson inkjets have always needed cleaning cycles,
but the Canon's don't need nearly as many.

Hello, Paul:

Same, here. My present inkjet (Epson Stylus Photo 825) clogs far more
often, than its immediate predecessor (Canon BJC-610) did.

Then, again, the BJC-610 isn't a photo-quality printer; the 825's
somewhat tinier nozzles, must account for part of the discrepancy,
at least.

Cordially,
John Turco