Disappointed with Badger Graphic Service

Old January 6th 05, 01:29 PM
Fernando

Matt Clara wrote:

In terms of level of service it is. I'm not saying Badger Graphic gave
_bad_ service, just minimal. B&H has bent over backwards for me on numerous
occasions.

Personal experiences can differ a whole lot.
For example, I had nothing but bad experiences with B&H, all the times.
Even now, I ordered (and paid in advance) 3 items, and they delivered
only 2 of them. No trace of the 3rd, no replies to my emails, and so.

Fernando
Old January 6th 05, 01:37 PM
jjs

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
[...] The camera arrived two days later (two states away).

You are easily disappointed.

Old January 6th 05, 01:39 PM
jjs

"Matt Clara" wrote in message

_Very_ good service doesn't ignore emails.

Fer crying out loud, it arrived two days after they said it would.

Old January 6th 05, 01:40 PM
Matt Clara

"jjs" wrote in message
"Matt Clara" wrote in message
[...] The camera arrived two days later (two states away).

You are easily disappointed.

I guess I didn't explain myself very well, as that wasn't the source of my
disappointment. Drop that issue, please. My issue was the ignored email
and brusque service--they made me fish for answers instead of just trying to
sell me what I need or directing me to a place that could.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old January 6th 05, 01:42 PM
Matt Clara

"jjs" wrote in message
"Matt Clara" wrote in message

_Very_ good service doesn't ignore emails.

Fer crying out loud, it arrived two days after they said it would.

That was never my point.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old January 6th 05, 01:44 PM
Matt Clara

"Matt Clara" wrote in message
Hey, they delivered, don't get me wrong, but I had several questions
before I purchased, and all answers were brusque and minimal. Ok, no
biggy, so I bought the camera (Shen Hao for $625). A few days later I was
told it would be shipped the following week via UPS. I waited til the day
and then wrote and asked for a tracking number, only to have my email
ignored. The camera arrived two days later (two states away).

Maybe I've been pampered by Adorama and B&H, etc., but I expect more, and
my money will command more, or I'll take it somewhere else.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Please keep in mind people, all I've done is relay my experience, which was
one of disappointment. Probably much of that disappointment stems from the
way I've heard Badger Graphic talked up in the past, on this and other
forums. They simply failed to meet my expectations. For instance, many
people have said Jeff is a friendly guy, yet in a series of emails over
several weeks, he failed to convey that to me. I'd go so far as to say
ignoring my final email was decidedly unfriendly. But I suppose it could
have gotten lost in the ether...

Please stop trying to explain how my experience wasn't a valid one, or my
interpretation of that experience. I do business on the internet almost
daily. You don't have to like what I say, but that doesn't make it any less
valid.

Matt Clara
www.mattclara.com

Old January 6th 05, 01:59 PM
Gregory Blank

"Matt Clara" wrote:

Hey, they delivered, don't get me wrong, but I had several questions before
I purchased, and all answers were brusque and minimal. Ok, no biggy, so I
bought the camera (Shen Hao for $625). A few days later I was told it would
be shipped the following week via UPS. I waited til the day and then wrote
and asked for a tracking number, only to have my email ignored. The camera
arrived two days later (two states away).

Maybe I've been pampered by Adorama and B&H, etc., but I expect more, and my
money will command more, or I'll take it somewhere else.

I have never received bad service from Badger, I have bought several
items from them. I did wait many weeks/months for my Ries
tripod....backordered. I called and called and was politely dealt with
despite my anxiousness. Jeff at Badger is quiet and some what aloof when
you first speak to him, but will speak to you at length regarding
photography and is a good guy IMOP. I think this by experience, is the
way of a lot of people.

I agree with Shelly deal with any company long enough and somethings
will sometimes go wrong, it all depends how we the customer handle it-to
a degree.

You want a bad service story,... I have a story also,...I bought a 120
film scanner prior to Christmas, from one of the big three dealers.
First I had a grating metal sound, so the scanner went back to the
manufacturer. They shipped a new one,...which was DOA. Then the
dealer,...one I dealt with for 18 years and had spent 1,000's of dollars
with told me to play along with the manufacturer to isolate their
problem. I was told they the dealer would not take back the scanner even
though I had informed them of the existing problem(s) well in advance of
the 15 day return policy. Ultimately I got my credit card company
involved and got some "most" of my money back less the 70.00 in shipping
to and from the dealer.

The thing that really galls me was the manufacturer after the DOA unit
was received by me stated they wouldn't expedite the 3rd replacement
scanner unless I was willing to pay an additional 500.00 as a guarantee
they get the DOA unit back. Then after 60 days they would process the
credit and I would be responsible for interest accrued on the credit
card. Basically I mentally told them and the dealer to FOAD.

I shipped the unit back to the dealer despite their no return policy and
had documentation of the history to fax to my CC company. I can't
imagine ever willingly dealing with either company again,...and it hurts
to a degree because that dealer has a great catalog, and a wide variety
of important stuff. I guess I'll either have to spend more locally
or look elsewhere and hope this kind of thing does not happen somewhere
else *End of Rant*

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old January 6th 05, 02:01 PM
rafe bustin

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 11:49:07 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

"rafe bustin" wrote in message
.. .

I've had great service from Badger -- not
only when I bought the camera & first lens
but later when ordering additional lens boards.

It's possible the camera is in short supply.
It's been getting a lot of good press, and
there aren't too many other US distributors
that I know of that carry it.

What does that have to do with brusque answers and ignored emails?

Easy. They're a small outfit in East Bum****.
They might have been busy when you called,
probably packing up Shen Haos to send to other
folks who were in line in front of you.

I'm not excusing rudeness at all but I know
I get when I'm busy and I get interrupted.

At BH and Adorama there are people whose job
it is to answer thousands of phone calls a day.

BTW, it used to be the rule in the busier and
better New York City photo stores that clerks
were rude and brusque. You were expected to
know what you wanted by the time you got to
the counter. Clearly things are different
now, particularly at BH.

You can't compare Badger to BH Photo, that's
not a meaningful comparison.

In terms of level of service it is. I'm not saying Badger Graphic gave
_bad_ service, just minimal. B&H has bent over backwards for me on numerous
occasions.

Yeah, I like BH as well. But no problems
so far with Badger either, and from what
I've read, your personal experience, though
apparently unpleasant, appears to be the
exception, not the rule.

rafe b
http://www.terrapinphoto.com
Old January 6th 05, 02:03 PM
rafe bustin

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:24:28 GMT, "Matt Clara"
wrote:

I'm looking forward to that experience myself. I've got a 6x9 rollfilm back
I think I'll start with, though. Then I can scan on my 8000ED, too. What
are you doing with your 4x5 slides? Besides enjoying them, of course! Have
you gotten any prints made, or are you planning to? If so, what route are
you taking?

That seems to make some sense (the 6x9 back.)
I've been considering doing the same, and for
the same reason.

Which one did you get?

rafe b
http://www.terrapinphoto.com