Tri-X

Old October 22nd 04, 02:36 PM
No One

Default Tri-X

Called around to get a new supply of film today - Tri-X in 8x10. Kodak had
neglected to add it to the offering of porducts in Canada so the people I
spoke with asserted that it was discontinued. After some discussion they are
adding it to the Canadian system. It is kind of funny hearing the Kodak rep
saying the stuff is discontinued when I know it is available widely in the
US of A.

Old October 22nd 04, 04:37 PM
Argon3

I used to work in a studio that bought heavy amounts of ektachrome from Kodak.
Sometimes a new emulsion run would be WAY off the previous one and a Kodak TSA
(technical service assistant or something like that) would show up to make
excuses...the problem was that he was usually some young guy who was having to
try to bull**** a bunch of professional photographers who had been shooting
since before he was even born.
Do i believe everything that Kodak tells me?
Not really.

best

argon

Old October 22nd 04, 07:27 PM
jjs

"Jos. Burke" wrote in message
.. .
Is the film expired? In any event, I would suggest you get a couple fresh
rolls of a different batch (the number is on the package) and try again

with
exactly the same exposure and development.

Yes, I have that George Bush debate/Deer in the headlights look!
Uh-Huh!
Alrighty then!!

Back on track though

_Very sorry!_ I was using a new interface and looked at one message, then
replied to yours. My mistake.

Old October 22nd 04, 09:07 PM
No One

Back on track though---Bruce-- Whats the cost of 8x10 Tri-X in Canada as
opposed to here in the US? If it reflects the drug cost situation then I
may need to buy from your source and how about HP-5 from the Canadian
side?
George Bush and his constituents/contributors may not appreciate that but
don't appreciate him/them either!!
Actually-I'm currently buying the Arista labeled Ilford HP5 but I'd be
very interested in your source price for a box (25 sh) of 8x10 Ilford
HP-5!!

Hello - the last time I bought the stuff (Tri-X) it was $159CDN for a 50
sheet box. I buy a wack of it every six months or so.

That said - I am always pleased with the chrome films from 1978 through
about 1984 that I use fairly often.

Old October 23rd 04, 01:34 AM
Douglas

"Jos. Burke" wrote:
Back on track though---Bruce-- Whats the cost of 8x10 Tri-X in Canada as
opposed to here in the US? If it reflects the drug cost situation then I
may need to buy from your source and how about HP-5 from the Canadian
side?
George Bush and his constituents/contributors may not appreciate that but
don't appreciate him/them either!!
Actually-I'm currently buying the Arista labeled Ilford HP5 but I'd be
very interested in your source price for a box (25 sh) of 8x10 Ilford
HP-5!!
J Burke

LOL, what a great response!

Sorry Jos film is not a drug - only drugs are cheaper in Canada! Well ...
probably maple syrup too. Now, if you'd like, I'm willing to barter a
perfectly good dose Canadian flu vaccine for say... 2 boxes of Arista
8x10/25 ... now that's a bargain! Hey, but film is less expensive in the US!
Apparently film manufactures think Canadians can afford the higher prices
(in that respect their pricing is sorta similar to the US pharmaceutical
industry for Americans). I too have been buying Arista 8x10 for years now &
I'm sure I'm not the only Canuck to be doing so. Ilford HP5+ 8x10/25 is
about C$87 in Canada, but they're probably out of stock anyway.

It's a ridiculous world!

Douglas
Ottawa, Ontario

Old October 23rd 04, 02:03 AM
No One

"Douglas" wrote in message
"Jos. Burke" wrote:
[...]

My experience is that film is cheaper in Canada. Unless you get the used
stuff they sell on eBay once in a while.

We also have cheaper drugs (often free.) The US has some great buildings and
signs.