Powerpoint DPI

Old April 22nd 21, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Martin Brown[_2_]

Default Powerpoint DPI

I'm still working on the sign process and ran into a new DPI problem.
I've never needed to ever mess with DPI settings (always left at default).

But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF" to be printed at either 12x18 or
18x24 inches what should the Powerpoint DPI be set at for best results?

I found this DPI suggestion by Microsoft but when I set the DPI to 300 in
the Windows 10 registry everything went helter skelter in the document.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...ide-resolution

Can you advise me as to what save as DPI to set Powerpoint to get the best
resolution in a saved GIF of each of those two sizes to be tiled later?
Martin Brown
Old April 23rd 21, 10:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 06:55:50 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?
Old April 23rd 21, 11:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.
Old April 23rd 21, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 23, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ) :

wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling that “Martin Brown” is yet another “Arlen” sock.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he planned to install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 21, 02:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling that
Martin Brown is yet another Arlen sock.

i said exactly that in an earlier post.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he planned to
install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

i do too. the similarities are *far* too great for it to be a random
coincidence.
Old April 23rd 21, 07:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 4/23/2021 8:42 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Apr 23, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ) :

wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling that “Martin Brown” is yet another “Arlen” sock.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he planned to install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

Martin Brown (of the UK) is a long-time poster in "rec.photo.digital."

John
Old April 23rd 21, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , John Turco
wrote:

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling that
Martin Brown is yet another Arlen sock.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he planned
to install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

Martin Brown (of the UK) is a long-time poster in "rec.photo.digital."

so is 'arlen', under many nyms.
Old April 23rd 21, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Apr 23, 2021, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling that “Martin Brown” is yet another “Arlen” sock.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he planned to install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

Martin Brown (of the UK) is a long-time poster in "rec.photo.digital.”

John

Martin Brown of the UK has delivered his Powerpoint, Custom signage query in such a way as to emulate the style and tone of the well known, nymshifting troll most recently known as “Arlen Holder”.

While Mr. Brown might well be a "long time poster" in r.p.d., like you, he has not exactly, in recent times been a frequent poster. In fact since October 26, 2015 he has made 19 posts, 9 of which concern this thread and/or subject. So given what we have seen from him in this thread it has been easy to mistake him for the troll “Arlen Holder”.

....and this is just the third time we have heard from you this year, whereas in the past you were certainly more active. I must admit that recently I have been less inclined to post to r.p.d. now that I am doing more drone photography than stills shooting.

Savageduck

Old April 23rd 21, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

* wrote:
But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF"

What's this GIF crap?

and the powerpoint crap.

Save it as a PDF and then take the file to a print shop to let them do
the printing. To whatever size you want, makes no difference.

yep, and they have printers that can do it in one pass.

Why are you making such ridiculously heavy weather out of a 5-minute
task?

it's obviously trolling.

This whole proposition sounds very Arlenesque to me. I have a feeling
that “Martin Brown” is yet another “Arlen” sock.

I remember a similar sign printing project a few years ago where he
planned to install home made traffic signs in his neighborhood.

Martin Brown (of the UK) is a long-time poster in "rec.photo.digital."

There are certain telltale wordings of Arlen that are missing here.
Also, I don't remember him taking the name of an existing poster, he
invented identities.

For instance, Martin Brown uses Thunderbird and Arlen hated it.

But it is curious that Arlen doesn't seem to be posting, so either he
changed ID and I haven't detected him yet, or he is resting from Usenet,
or he is ill.

--
Cheers, Carlos.
Old April 23rd 21, 10:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

On 22/04/2021 07.55, Martin Brown wrote:
I'm still working on the sign process and ran into a new DPI problem.
I've never needed to ever mess with DPI settings (always left at default).

But if I have a Powerpoint "Save as GIF" to be printed at either 12x18 or
18x24 inches what should the Powerpoint DPI be set at for best results?

If you must use a bitraster output, ideally you should match the DPI of
the printer, so that there is no scaling when printing.

But I have never used powerpoint.

--
Cheers, Carlos.