GPS

Old August 25th 04, 11:03 PM
Digital Photo

Default GPS

I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any of
you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

Old August 26th 04, 12:33 AM
Michael Meissner

"Digital Photo" writes:

I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any of
you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

Not having a GPS, I thought that was a standard feature. If it isn't, you
might want to check out: http://oziphototool.alistairdickie.com/ which
integrates GPS waypoint data with EXIF information, and would probably list
GPSes that provide the information.

--
Michael Meissner
email:

Old August 26th 04, 01:16 AM
Robertwgross

Digital Photo wrote:
I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any of
you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

All normal GPS receivers work that way. When you hit the Mark button, it will
save away the exact lat/long data, and then it will save an arbitrary number or
else the custom name that you enter in.

---Bob Gross---

Old August 26th 04, 05:55 AM
Mxsmanic

Digital Photo writes:

I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any of
you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

Just about all GPS receivers do this, as far as I know.

If you're talking about a camera with integrated GPS stamping of images,
I know that they exist (I think Kodak makes/made one), but I don't have
details.

Old August 26th 04, 07:37 AM
Rodney Myrvaagnes

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:03:31 GMT, "Digital Photo"
wrote:

I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any of
you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

Any GPS you buy new will record location very easily. But, I don't
know one that will record the time. They could easily do so, since
they have to know the time to function at all.

Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC

We have achieved faith-based science,
faith-based economics, faith-based law
enforcement, and faith-based missile
defense.
What's next? Faith-based air traffic control?

Old August 26th 04, 07:44 AM
Robertwgross

Rodney wrote:
Any GPS you buy new will record location very easily. But, I don't
know one that will record the time. They could easily do so, since
they have to know the time to function at all.

They record the time of the Waypoint marking.

---Bob Gross---