Canon 40d

Old December 17th 08, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Samantha Booth

Default Canon 40d

Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please
Old December 17th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Samantha Booth

"Silicon Sam" wrote in message
On Dec 16, 6:22 pm, "Samantha Booth"
wrote:
"Samantha Booth" wrote in message

Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take please.
cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
etc...

Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

Old December 17th 08, 06:41 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Clair Johnston

wrote:
"Samantha Booth" wrote in message

Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
please. I
cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
etc...

Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
must accept type 2 CF cards.

Clair
Old December 18th 08, 04:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

wrote:
"Samantha Booth" wrote in message

Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

Or if its just Compact Flash what is the biggest card it will take
please. I
cannot find the info on Canon UK. Not being lazy just blind probably

It's Compact Flash, and the 16 Gig's work great. I use several in
mine. No other type of card will work, ie.. SD, Memory Stick, etc,
etc...

Brilliant thanks very much for the help indeed. Have a great Xmas

There are SD to CF adapters. I have been using one with my D300. Works
fine. Here is an example http://www.adorama.com/ICDSDTCFA.html Camera
must accept type 2 CF cards.

Type 2 is microdrive, they are fatter and newer cameras may not accept
them such as Nikon D700. Microdrive is a mini hard drive that was once
cheaper than compact flash in larger capacity sizes. It looks to be a
dead or dying technology. Not to say the solution hasn't worked for you
but...

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old December 18th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Clair Johnston

Paul Furman wrote:

wrote:
[...]

What I was pointing out was that there are adapters to allow the use of
SD cards in cameras that use CF Type 2 cards. CF Type 2 is not limited
to microdrive as you suggest. Just to be clear, my solution was not
microdrive, but using SD cards in my D300.

Clair
Old December 18th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Furman

Clair Johnston wrote:
Paul Furman wrote:

wrote:
[...]

Understood, I'm just saying it looks like CF type 2 is being phased out
for compatibility with newer cameras.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old December 21st 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dan[_5_]

"Samantha Booth" wrote in message
Does anyone know if this camera takes 16GB SD HC cards please

It doesn't use SD cards of any capacity or type. It uses CF (compact flash)
cards.