Ilford SFX 200

Old October 6th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
null

Default Ilford SFX 200

Any hints/tips on using Ilford SFX 200 film? I just ordered some 120 rolls
and a B+W 092 (infrared dark red) filter.
I plan on using Tmax developer. Camera is a Hasselblad with the 80 mm CFi
lens. I plan on using the filter factor to estimate exposure. Exposures
will be of outdoor scenes.

Any tips on exposure, focussing, development, etc?

Old October 6th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Richard Knoppow

"null" wrote in message
Any hints/tips on using Ilford SFX 200 film? I just
ordered some 120 rolls and a B+W 092 (infrared dark red)
filter.
I plan on using Tmax developer. Camera is a Hasselblad
with the 80 mm CFi lens. I plan on using the filter
factor to estimate exposure. Exposures will be of outdoor
scenes.

Any tips on exposure, focussing, development, etc?

Ilford SFX 200 is not "true" IR film like the late,
lamented, Kodak High-Speed IR film but will give you IR
effects with a deep red filter. Check to see if your lenses
have IR markings on them. Most lenses are corrected for
visible red and typically have slightly longer focal length
for IR and deep red. If you shoot at relatively small
f/stops the depth of field will accomodate this. My main
recommendation is to test before doing any serious work. The
film should give acceptable results in any conventional
developer but I would follow Ilford recommendations.
As I think you know exposure meters are pretty useless
for IR unless especially designed for it. Daylight exposures
are based on the average amount of IR compared to visible
light.

Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA

Old October 7th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Noons

null wrote,on my timestamp of 7/10/2008 5:26 AM:
Any hints/tips on using Ilford SFX 200 film? I just ordered some 120 rolls
and a B+W 092 (infrared dark red) filter.
I plan on using Tmax developer. Camera is a Hasselblad with the 80 mm CFi
lens. I plan on using the filter factor to estimate exposure. Exposures
will be of outdoor scenes.

Any tips on exposure, focussing, development, etc?

For development, plenty of info he
http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html
pick the film you want, check the developers.
You will have to experiment with the exposure.
Alternatively, ask the question he
http://www.apug.org
Old October 8th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
Peter Irwin

null wrote:
Any hints/tips on using Ilford SFX 200 film? I just ordered some 120 rolls
and a B+W 092 (infrared dark red) filter.
I plan on using Tmax developer. Camera is a Hasselblad with the 80 mm CFi
lens. I plan on using the filter factor to estimate exposure. Exposures
will be of outdoor scenes.

Any tips on exposure, focussing, development, etc?

On some Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad the infrared mark is shown
by a dotted line on the depth of field scale. Some 80mm lenses
have the mark at the f/4 line to the right. You can use this
so you focus just a little closer for infrared than for visual focus.

Peter.

Old October 8th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format
null

"null" wrote in message
Any hints/tips on using Ilford SFX 200 film? I just ordered some 120
rolls and a B+W 092 (infrared dark red) filter.
I plan on using Tmax developer. Camera is a Hasselblad with the 80 mm CFi
lens. I plan on using the filter factor to estimate exposure. Exposures
will be of outdoor scenes.

Any tips on exposure, focussing, development, etc?

Thanks for the responses everybody. The 80 mm CFi lens does have the I/R
focussing mark, and I plan on bracketing like crazy.

new to ilford MG IV FB joe mama In The Darkroom 2 August 12th 06 12:02 AM
Now its Ilford jjs In The Darkroom 86 September 5th 04 04:00 PM
Now it's Ilford! jjs Large Format Photography Equipment 12 August 26th 04 11:43 PM
Ilford XP-2 Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee Film & Labs 14 August 17th 04 07:10 PM
ilford pan 100 = ilford HP5 plus? sreenath In The Darkroom 8 July 5th 04 11:15 AM