Why the Nikon F6?

Old September 26th 04, 03:59 PM
Mark M

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:31:48 -0700, Mark M wrote:

"Dallas" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 04:17:11 -0700, Mark M wrote:

There's more to being "equipped" than leather and CD players.

But it's no surprise that your tendency for blanket generalities

would
fail to discern this.

You're damn right about that. I call equipment like Electronic brake
distribution, Anti-lock braking, traction control, run-flat tyres,
side-impact airbags, park-distance control, computerised engine
management systems, climate control and many others to be equipment. If
you really think that BMW's only have leather and CD players to

seperate
them from the crap that Toyota puts into their cars and charges the
earth for you are sadly mistaken. I was travelling at 140kmh on a
highway once when I heard a strange noise that sounded like a trucks
airbrake behind me. Looked in the rear view mirror and saw no truck,

but
a lot of smoke coming from the back of my BMW. Pulled off the road
puzzled about what the problem could be, only to discover that one of

my
rear tyres had been punctured. The cars handling in that situation was
unchanged even with one of the drive wheels incapacitated. Had I been

in
a lesser car...

That's all very nice.

snip