Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves

Old August 23rd 14, 09:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Virtual Copies

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I see. You now claim he didn't plonk you.
Oh! Boy!

he clearly did not.

One if the few times I will bother:

Here is the full text of the message:

you ought to learn what plonk actually means before you show yourself
to be even more stupid than you already have.

he may have said he plonked me but he clearly did not. he was lying.

You are true to form. Bordering on being an Internet sociopath. When
caught in an outright lie, you insult whoever catches you.

i'm not the one who is lying.

Clearly PAS was not lying. He may have changed his mind, or possibly did
not get around to setting a filter. As I said earlier, he may have been
in ndded of a good laugh, and wanted to see how far you would go.

he said he plonked me and did not.

simple concept.
Old August 23rd 14, 10:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

Default Lightroom vs. Apertu Curves

On 8/14/2014 10:59 PM, nospam wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.

edited

What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.

John
Old August 24th 14, 02:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 8/23/2014 5:08 PM, John Turco wrote:
On 8/14/2014 10:59 PM, nospam wrote:

heavily edited for brevity

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.

edited

What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.

John

You are wrong if you expect consistency from him.

--
PeterN
Old August 24th 14, 02:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

lightroom's exposure adjustment is specifically designed to work more
like film because of the hard clipping of digital, whereas film is less
harsh because of the shoulder/knee of its characteristic curve.

What? I thought you claimed that digital is superior to film, in every way.

You are wrong if you expect consistency from him.

there's nothing inconsistent about what i said, unless you fail to
understand it.