FS: Olympus FL-40 Flash w/warranty

Old October 24th 04, 02:18 AM
Craig Williams

Default FS: Olympus FL-40 Flash w/warranty

I am selling my "spare" Olympus FL-40 flash for $230, which includes careful
packing and shipping with insurance to anywhere in the lower 48.

This flash works directly with the C5050, C5060, C8080 hotshoes. Other
Olympus C-series cameras may require a separate cable and flash bracket.
The integration between camera and flash is top-notch, featuring
Through-the-Lens metering (TTL).

The flash has more than 4 months remaining on its Olympus warranty. When I
got it, the flash worked fine except when in the Tele mode. Apparently
there is an internal motor that adjusts the flash for when the camera is in
full Zoom mode. Something was wrong with the motor, so I sent it back to
Olympus for factory repair at my expense. It now works perfectly.

I bought the flash (from the original owner) because I was the official
photographer at my nephew's wedding, and wanted it as a backup (I'm not
usually that paranoid, but this was my first wedding and I was taking no
chances!). Thankfully I didn't need the backup, so the time has come to let
it go. Let me say that I LOVE the integration between the camera and flash!
No more red-eye, much longer range, bounce and swivel capabilities.

The flash is in near-mint condition. If you look very carefully, you can
find a couple of scuffs on the plastic housing. There is also a _very_
light scratch on the control panel plastic cover. These are very minor
defects -- I am careful to inspect anything I sell so that the buyer is
satisfied with the product. (I showed them to my wife, and she thought I
was being a little over-zealous in identifying them.)

What you get:

FL-40 flash
Original Olympus owners manual
Set of 4 GP rechargeable batteries (NiMH 1800 mah)

Pictures of the flash and manual are available upon request. I will try to
get pictures of the minor cosmetic issues if you want. I also scanned the
receipt from the Olympus service center and can send that to you.

I'm also selling my backup Olympus C5050 camera, bought for the same
reason -- see my other post.

Craig Williams
[to reply directly, change the VERB to a NUMERAL]
Contact me by e-mail, and I'll be glad to provide a phone number so we can
talk.